Chapter 3

The dawn bathed the small clearing in a gentle golden glow, signaling the awakening of the ASEAN family, a tribe of hybrids with wings, tail feathers, talons, and feather crowns, each embodying the spirit of a bird native to their respective countries. 

The sun-kissed feathers of Indonesia's wings shimmered as he soared through the clearing, the first rays of light catching the vibrant hues of his Javan Hawk-eagle hybrid form. With boundless enthusiasm, he let out a resounding call, "Wake up! The sun has risen!"

Startled from his slumber, Myanmar, in his Green Peafowl form, twitched his wings in annoyance. "Really, Indo? Can't I get some rest?"

But Indonesia, ever playful, evaded Myanmar's sleepy swipes and darted away. Malaysia, the Rhinoceros Hornbill, and Philippines, the majestic Philippine Eagle, joined the chase, their wings beating the air with grace.

Malaysia cackled with infectious joy "Come on, Myan! Don't be like this!"

Myanmar, now fully awake, spread his elegant tail feathers in annoyance, the iridescent colors shimmering in the morning light. "Just because you're older means you can do this! You're asking for it, Malaysia!"

In the midst of the playful chaos, Cambodia and Laos, their Siamese Fireback and Giant Ibis forms elegant and regal, entered the clearing bearing an assortment of ripe fruits and fresh water. Their presence signaled a shift in the atmosphere, transforming the clearing into a space of tranquil coexistence.

Thailand, another Siamese Fireback like Laos, added a log to the crackling fire, its warmth casting a flickering dance of shadows on the foliage. The fire, a central gathering point for the family, symbolized not only physical warmth but also the warmth of their familial bonds.

Vietnam, embodying the fierce Tiger Shrike, skillfully harvested coffee cherries from a tree planted at the edge of the clearing. The rich aroma of freshly picked coffee cherries permeated the air, adding a touch of earthy fragrance to the morning.

Meanwhile, Singapore, the Crimson Sunbird, and Brunei, the White-Bellied Sea Eagle, found a comfortable spot near the fire. They engaged in a leisurely chat about the peaceful life they shared within the embrace of the ASEAN family.

Singapore, with his vibrant plumage, remarked, "Today feels like a good day. The sky is clear, which is perfect for some fishing in the river later, and judging by the amount of fruit Cam and Lao brought back? Looks like we've got more harvesting to do today!"

Brunei, his eyes filled with innocence, nodded in agreement. "For some reason, I think the same way."

As the two conversed, ASEAN, the father and leader of the tribe, embodiment of the Cenderawasih, took a moment to sit beside the fire. He gently braided up East Timor's hair, the Timor Pigeon hybrid nestling comfortably against his side.

East Timor, the youngest sister, cooed softly, enjoying the attention. "Thank you, it feels nice."

The clearing was now a tableau of serenity, a snapshot of a family bound by feathers, talons, and unspoken bonds. The laughter and chatter, the crackling fire, and the scent of fresh coffee created a sense of contentment that transcended the troubles of the outside world.

Little did the ASEAN family know that their peaceful existence in this enchanted realm held a significance beyond their understanding. The prophecy, still unknown to them, loomed on the horizon, waiting to unravel its secrets and guide the destinies of both the family and the world beyond their rainforest haven.
-----------------------

Decided to make everyone (except Timor) male as a reference to '十兄弟'. A Chinese legend known to be written around the time of the Ming Dynasty where each one of the ten brothers possesses a different supernatural power. Which is honestly a lot like the ten male ASEAN Children since their powers will come in later. 

And I made Timor that precious little sister because why not?