Chapter 10

The trio, nestled in their makeshift hammocks beneath the rainforest canopy, expected to wake to the serenity of the early morning. However, their tranquility was shattered by the exuberant morning routine of the ASEAN family, guided by the lively energy of Indonesia.

The peaceful transition from night to day was abruptly interrupted by Indonesia's jubilant voice echoing through the clearing, "WAKE UP! THE SUN HAS RISEN!"

Myanmar, still half-asleep, immediately found himself in the midst of the morning chaos as he chased after Indonesia. Malaysia and Philippines, caught up in the infectious energy, joined the chase, weaving through the trees and adding laughter to the dawn symphony.

Meanwhile, Cambodia and Laos, returning from their foraging expedition guided by ASEAN, entered the clearing with baskets of fruits and containers of water. The bustling activity continued with Thailand skillfully adding wood to the fire, invigorating the camp with the promise of warmth and sustenance.

Vietnam, with nimble fingers, harvested berries from the surrounding bushes, contributing to the morning feast. Singapore and Brunei, sitting by the fire, engaged in casual conversation, with East Timor attentively listening to the tales and anecdotes.

The rainforest clearing then transformed into a lively dining area as the ASEAN family gathered for breakfast. The air was filled with the rich aroma of fruits—today's bounty being bananas and papayas. The family members, each with their designated roles, engaged in a harmonious routine.

Indonesia, the leader of morning chaos, distributed the fruits with a bright smile. "Bananas and papayas for everyone! Enjoy the feast!"

Myanmar, who had been chasing Indonesia just moments ago, now found himself presented with a papaya. He accepted it with a nod, acknowledging the unspoken hierarchy in the distribution of fruits.

The morning sunlight filtered through the dense foliage, casting a warm glow on the clearing as Malaysia and Philippines, still brimming with energy from their earlier chase, joined the others. Cambodia and Laos, the foragers, contributed to the meal with their baskets of fruits, adding to the vibrant display.

Thailand skillfully added more wood to the fire, ensuring it burned brightly as the heart of the gathering. Vietnam, with a collection of berries, contributed to the variety of the morning meal. Singapore and Brunei, engaged in conversation, accepted their share of fruits with gratitude.

The expedition team, sitting on the periphery, watched the morning routine unfold with a mix of fascination and contemplation. The papayas handed to them were met with polite nods, but their attention was captivated by the seamless choreography of the ASEAN family.

America, China, and Russia found themselves observing the intricate dance of fruit distribution, each noting the unspoken significance of the choices made. The papayas, a symbol of respect, subtly conveyed the family's acknowledgment of the expedition team's role in the delicate diplomacy unfolding in their midst.

However, amidst the lively scene, the trio hardly touched the papayas on their plates. Their focus was on understanding the dynamics of the tribe, the intricacies of their customs, and the unspoken language that governed their interactions.

As the feast beneath the rainforest canopy continued, the morning sun cast dappled shadows on the ground. The interplay of nature's bounty and the diplomatic undercurrents created a tableau where the ordinary act of breakfast became a reflection of a world intertwined with magic, prophecies, and the delicate balance between a family of half-bird beings.

When breakfast ended and the ASEAN family engaged in their daily activities, the trio seized a moment during the noon lull to venture into the hut where the family slept. With a sense of urgency and stealth, America, China, and Russia quietly slipped into the shelter, which lay empty as the inhabitants enjoyed the warmth of the noon sun.

The interior of the hut, adorned with feathered decorations and hints of the family's avian essence, presented a unique opportunity for the trio. Their mission was to gather proof of the tribe's distinctive characteristics—loose feathers that would serve as evidence when they returned to the bunker.

Each of them carefully plucked feathers from the surroundings, ensuring not to disturb the sanctity of the family's sleeping quarters. The feathers, a blend of vibrant hues and intricate patterns, told a silent story of the half-bird beings who inhabited the heart of the rainforest.

Unbeknownst to the ASEAN family, the trio discreetly collected the feathers, their actions shrouded in secrecy as they navigated the hut. The sun continued its journey across the sky, casting dappled patterns through the woven walls of the shelter.

As the trio departed, they left no trace of their presence, the feathers safely stowed away as silent witnesses to the extraordinary existence they had witnessed. The ASEAN family, absorbed in their own world outside the hut, remained blissfully unaware of the subtle intrusion that had taken place during the noon reprieve.

With the collected feathers carefully secured, the trio departed from the haven, their departure timed to coincide with the onset of noon. The rainforest, seemingly untouched by the clandestine actions, continued to cradle its secrets as the trio ventured back into the intricate dance of diplomacy and prophecy.

As the sun reached its zenith, the ASEAN family resumed their daily routines, unaware that a subtle disturbance had briefly disrupted the tranquility of their haven—a disruption concealed beneath the wings of secrecy and the feathers that now journeyed with the expedition team.
_-----------------------------------------------

Please read the chapter titled 'Note' in my other book World of Light...