Chapter 24: Talking.......More Talking

I but my lip as I wondered down the hall, a little slower than my usual pace. Here I was, nervous.

Nervous

Nervous?

Me? These were two human beings for gosh sakes.

But they were my sisters.

That was a good point....

.............

Just go.

I took a deep breath, deciding to stop fighting myself and started walking at a normal pace. I took a few more turns before I heard their voices. I bit my lip as I stayed flush to the wall, deciding to ease drop a little before confronting, which seemed like a strategy worth investing in.

Zerina was laughing slightly and Nya was fiddling with something. As I pressed my ear against the wall, soft music wafted down the hall. Piano, with some orchestral elements and a mellow voice humming it. Nya, I believe.

Then silence. The music, a haunting tune, played as the couch shifted, then no sound was heard. It was as if a cloak had enveloped the room, hiding it from my senses. I breathed in.

Now would be an okay time I guess. I started walking, taking in the sight in the main room. Zerina was on the couch, Nya on the ground, laid out with her hands under her head. She sat up as soon as she saw me, reaching for her phone to turn the music off.

"No," I said, trying to come off as soft,"Don't stop on my part."

Zerina's looked at her lap, fiddling with her necklace as Nya narrowed her eyes at me, not looking as she turned the music back on. As it started again, her eyes never left me.

I sat down across from the coffee table, my hands clasped together as Nya slowly lowered her head, eyeing me the entire time. I couldn't blame her, I wouldn't trust me either.

The music played for around five minutes, all in which the three if us stayed silent as it's tune continued. As it died down, Nya grabbed her phone as sat on the couch with Zerina, crossing her legs.

More silence, tension slowly building. I bit the inside of my cheek, looking up,"What piece was that?"

First nothing, then Zerina glances at me,"Some of Mozarts work. Mom used to play it for us."

Of course it had to deal with Isabelle.

"She knew piano?" I asked, not truly caring, but at the same time curious.

Nya stiff led a snort as both are eyes darted to her. She gave a unbelievable smirk,"Did you even know her? She always would play. Like, always. How do you not know that?"

I fought a grimace, pushing my lips together tightly before answering," The memories of our mother are very different from what I hear."

Zerina shrugged as silence enveloped us again, awkwardness skyrocketing as we just looked up and down.

I count about a minute before Nya opens her mouth again, much to my displeasure,"So, how long were you with Mum?"

She of course says this in a horrible British accent, making me more annoyed,"Around eight months."

"Why? Did your old man bit the dust or did they work out some switch-out system with you? Personally, mom made the wrong choice if she choose the second."

Please shut up. I sigh, putting on a nice, wide fake smile.

"My dad was gutted by enemies of SHIELD right in front of me when I was seven. Mom took custody of me a few months after the incident."