Chapter 25: It Has Begun

3rd POV

The man leaned back in his chair, a phone pressed up to his ear. A woman was on the other end, and it was clear she was driving something, the background noise crackling in his ear.

"Well," The man questioned, leaning back onto his desk," Do you have the package?"

There was a pause, but she spoke quickly after the moment of silence, trying to mask her nervousness," Yes sir. We are en route."

He smiled, finally getting good news,"Excellent. We are already behind schedule as it is. Bring her straight to the drop zone."

More silence again before the answer," Of course."

He heard the tension in her voice, but it wasn't nervousness. Something else he detected........

"You will bring her straight there, right Agent Sprouse?"

This time the woman corrected her mistake, answering firmer and faster," Why wouldn't I?"

He nodded, knowing the girl couldn't see him, but not caring," That's a good question. Make haste, I'll contact Whitehall."

But she already had hung up.

The man scowled, his free fist coming down on the table. She shouldn't have done this, maybe that Ward would have........her case was to personal. She would never forgive her sister for the shooting.

Her personal feelings would get in the way.

Frustrated he set his phone down, leaning back again in the chair, hoping she would do as she was told. Cybertek had been to light on her. Her controller was not managing her well.

He was soon brought out of thought as he heard the outside sounds become louder. He looked up to see the younger man, who had just opened the door. He had summoned him earlier, but this time the agent wasn't late.

The elder focused on him, still slightly agitated," Go and contact Whitehall. Tell him the gift will be there soon."

The younger nodded fiercely and almost turned to go, but stopped abruptly before turning back," Should I inform the American of this news?"

He chuckled to himself slightly, which seemed to scare the agent the littlest bit.

"Garret? Why not. Dismissed."

And so it began.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jemma Simmons stood outside Coulson's office, taking a few deep breaths. Her curled fist was an inch away from knocking on her superiors door, but she also feared waking him.

No Jemma, she thought to herself, this is to important.

Her hand hit the door once, and that was all that was needed. Coulson appeared, still fully dressed in his suit, thought it was 1 AM. He looked down at the chemist, confused and tired.

"What is it Simmons? He asked, annoyed as he rubbed his red eyes.

Jemma gulped a bit at his tone, but brought up the datapad she was carrying. She tapped on it twice, then showed it to her superior," Take a look at this Sir."

Coulson squinted, not knowing what to make of the screen. It was obvious that they were blood cells, but why she was trying to give him a science lesson at this early of an hour wasn't apparent.

"What am I looking at?"

Simmons wasted no time explaining,"These are Sienna's blood cells. I took these samples less than seven hours ago, then started comparing them to her older ones. The only difference?"