Prologue

Exclusive Dating Restriction Zone
Chapter 0 - Prologue

Author: Springlila
Editor: Prius

My name is Kim Joo-hyuk. I’m a Beta. I’ve never been ashamed or even doubted it. I’ve been a Beta thus far and will continue to be a Beta in the future.

Despite the fact that there are so many Betas in the world, it doesn’t matter. This world revolves around Alphas and Omegas.

Alphas are at the center of all power, and Omegas, who pair with those Alphas, are hidden behind them. When I was a student, all the principals were Alphas. When I went to college, all the professors were Alphas. It’s still like that now. Our company’s executives, directors, and managers, with the exception of a few, are all Alphas as well. What about their life partner? All of them are Omegas.

Oh, and the section chief over there is also an Omega. Today, the winner of our company’s Omega Prospect title seems to be in a heat cycle. It’s been crazy since this morning.

When I asked, “Are you okay?” he sweats and says, “I’m just… It’s okay… Hmm…” Everyone but me believed that. I was going to call 119, but the manager stopped me. He shouted and said it’s okay. This world is going crazy.

Oh, here comes our company’s elite Alpha. Department Head Seo grabbed Section Chief Lee’s arm with a cold look on his face.

“Is Section Chief Lee crazy?”

“Seo… Department Head Seo does not have to be concerned… Hmm… about it.”

“Lee Hyun-jae!”

“Please…Just go… away…!”

“How can I leave you like this!”

Department Head Seo firmly gripped Section Chief Lee’s shoulder. Department Head Seo, who was clenching his strong jaw, sighed once and dragged Section Chief Lee out. Section Chief Lee was being dragged quite roughly.

“Deputy Kim, here’s the printout.”

“Ah yes.”

Lim Han-na is the head of the Department of General Affairs. I was given a printout and entered the customer information into the computer. No one raised any objections to Department Head Seo and Section Chief Lee’s sudden departure from the office. I also just sat down and refreshed the computer several times.

When I first joined the company, I called the police without knowing anything. This was because Department Head Seo slapped and knocked down Section Chief Lee.

‘Get rid of that vulgar scent.’

This was how the internal violence started. I was about to run to the Director’s room, but I turned around and came back to my seat. Because the Director is often busy with business meetings, there was a high possibility he wouldn’t be there that day. I quickly grabbed my phone and called the police. Actually, I should have walked to the company’s Human Rights department, but I didn’t know that because it was my early days of joining the company.

‘Is, is this the police? Seo, Department Head Seo hit Section Chief Lee…!’

And I got in trouble. The reason was that I had called the police for trivial things. I had no idea it was okay for an Alpha to beat an Omega like that until then. Furthermore, Seo and Lee were trapped in an unwanted political marriage. In reality, Lee had a crush on Seo, and Seo was aware of it but pretended not to be, so he continued to reject him, resulting in a tragic love conflict. And I was completely unaware of this at first.

Everyone else at the office knew everything.

Sickening.

In Gangchon, Gyeonggi-do, where only Betas live, I went to Middle and High School where only Betas attended. I joined this company after graduating from a university that had a Beta majority. Therefore, in order to adjust to my new surroundings, I watched pornography for academic purposes, read a lot of health and medical books, and exclusively watched romance movies.

That’s how I realized it.

Damn, there are no answers in this society.

I will retire after working here for about three years. Some of the severance pay will go to my parents, and I’ll spend the rest of my savings on a trip abroad. To a place where Betas make up the vast majority of the population.

I remember the black marks on the section chief’s nape the day after Department Head Seo knocked him down; the bandages didn’t cover them. That was the day I made my decision.

I will not allow any romance in my life.

It was a declaration of an exclusive dating restriction zone.

Springlila
Hello, lila here~ Sharing my love for BL to fellow BL lover
(〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜