Chapter 2

I return to my seat with an uneasy feeling. Let’s just work. If I focus on my work, this resentment will turn into anger directed at the computer. Computers in our company are incredibly slow these days. This is because the server company under contract went bankrupt. It’s so uncomfortable. It seems that the general affairs team is too busy looking for a new server company. Thanks to this, we have to endure the inconvenience of going up to the 3rd floor from the General Affairs department if we have an urgent business or if the server goes down.

I moved the chair and was about to sit down when Deputy Kang, who was sitting next to me, became nauseous. Looking back, Deputy Kang is covering his mouth and fanning himself in the air.

“Did Deputy Kang finally get pregnant?”

“Oh, what a terrible thing to say, Deputy Kim. But where and with whom did you fight? You’re covered in Alpha pheromones.”

Deputy Kang points the portable fan at me and starts swinging it.

Pheromone? I sniff my arm, but I still can’t recognize any scent. There is only the smell of fabric softener and the smell of dry air outside. Betas are unable to smell the pheromones of Alphas and Omegas.

“Do I smell that much?”

“No, it’s not really a smell. It’s more of a pheromone feeling… I think it would be close to ‘I’m a little angry’.”

“It’s kind of convenient, like… ‘I know even if you don’t say it‘.”

“Convenient my a*s, it’s useless. People who are unable to control their pheromones will be unable to play poker. All of their emotions are exposed.”

I nod and fix my gaze on the monitor. Director Lee… That was anger.

I was confused as to why he was angry. It’s ridiculous, but I’ve decided to just work. If a person reacts to the boss’s feelings every time, he or she will be unable to go to work. 3 years. I will most likely only work for three years. After that, I’m going to Hawaii.

“Ah, right, Deputy Kim.”

“Yes?”

“Did you know that there was a new contract employee coming to the General Affairs department today?”

“No. Deputy Kang, who told you about that?”

“No one. I heard it earlier today while buying a cup of coffee for Department Head Han-na during lunchtime.”

“Oh…”

“You know, General Manager Park of the General Affairs department, who collapsed due to a heat cycle the last time, decided to take time-off. It was a complete mess back then. When the two Alphas arrived at the company, they both collapsed… As a result, he simply let them rest and hired a contract employee.”

“Whoever wants to go will go, and whoever wants to come will come.”