Gwain Saga//Re: 003 Business Venture

"Alright. If you want to stay alive, you should know how to defend yourself, and additionally protect Ami."

Gwain stood across from Takeda in a white tank top and black tights. Takeda wore his usual business attire of his blue coat and visor, grinning from ear to ear. Ami and Geo stood off to the side of the tower to observe his training.

"In this world, threats come in all kinds of shapes, sizes, and powers. With the properties we know about your armament, you can absorb Mana to a certain degree and convert it into Negative Mana, one of two of the most destructive forces in the world."

Gwain held up an orb of light lazily.

"Aside from you armament, as a human, your vulnerability to magic is as high as it gets, since you aren't from this world. To start, I won't use it."

Gwain dispelled the orb, before setting her right foot back.

"You pass if you can land a single punch on me. Should I knock you down before then, the sequence doesn't count."

With zero hesitation or warning after her words, Gwain lunged at Takeda, who only continued to smile as she approached.

Gwain sent an overhead hook at his head, but he brushed it off with a swat. Simultaneously he threw a jab at her abdomen, but she appeared above him with her leg reeled back.

Takeda leaned away from a spin kick, ducked under a roundhouse kick, but needed to block her much faster axe kick.

Ami awed at his impressive defense, and Geo was shocked that he held some fighting experience.

Takeda pushed her leg away and threw an uppercut, but Gwain parried with another roundhouse kick to his wrist. Using the momentum of his deflected arm, Takeda vaulted onto his hand and attempted his own roundhouse kick.

Gwain jumped back and lunged back in for a knee, landing directly in Takeda's back. Takeda grunted and rolled off the hit to attempt a slash with his armament.

Gwain gasped at his resilience and leaned back, nearly getting a cut on her cheek. In a small moment of anger, she created an orb of light and aimed it at his chest.

Takeda gasped at the sudden magic attack, and slashed through it just as she fired.

Takeda flew back and rolled to his feet with a nervous smirk, shocked he could tank the Queen's attack.

Ami grumbled and began chastising Gwain for lying about magic with Geo snickering at her side.

Gwain frowned and turned to Ami with a sigh. "I know, I know. It's evidence." Gwain turned back to Takeda and nodded. "You're strong. That armament is a force to be reckoned with..."

Takeda smiled and gave a thumbs up, and Ami returned the gesture.

"Anyway, I'll have you start simple. Your quota will be to collect 30 Mana Crystals in Floral Plains. It's on the way to Gwain Tech, so once you finish, assume your role of Ami's second bodyguard."

Gwain watched Takeda salute and wave, before jogging over to his friends with a smile.

'He was nearly unscathed... just how much mana can that arm absorb.' Gwain shrugged and warped źaway.

Takeda was holding a massive crystal of Mana the size of a horse over his shoulder as everyone else carried baskets of smaller shards.

After a run-in with a Forest Phoenix, Agni's mana was nearly depleted, with a watery effect of red only in the base of his hair.

"So, Takeda, how was your assessment?" Marlow was the first to inquire about his training this morning.