Ch1 - Endeavors

Serena's Point of View.

Once again there's rain falling from the sky, the fay had just started and it was raining already. The morning seemed so beautiful and yet here it is, once again, the rain.

There's a local legend in Fontaine that whenever it rains, it means that the Hydro Dragon is sad again. Talk about timing. My schedule is already filled for today. I sighed as I kept swimming underwater, enjoying the view from underneath the water surface level.

I noticed I was closing in on the Court of Fontaine, specifically the entrance where all the Aqua Line buses get stationed. I jump out of the water into the sky, my Siren tail glistening in the process earning a few "Awwe" and "Ohhhs" from the locals that were there to see me.

I turn my Siren tail into two human legs and land swiftly on them. My heels touch the ground and I do a swift curtesy to the people around and start walking, making my way to Palais Mermonia.

"Princess Serena?" Someone said which made me turn my head to face them. "Yes?" I said whilst I looked at the source and smiled.

"It's pouring rapidly here, please take this whilst moving at the Court of Fontaine." A young man in a Gardes uniform said, handing me over an Umbrella. He looked rather nervous, I assumed that must be because I had been the one he was conversing with.

"Thank you very much, I shall happily take this gift." I said while taking the umbrella and giving him a smile.

"Please, let me clear out the elevator for your use, your Highness." The garde said before going towards the Elevator. "Everyone, Princess Serena needs to use the Elevator, please refrain from going further, everyone that's going inside, immediately out." He said.

"Princess Serena?!" A girl said with her eyes sparkling up, "Where is she?"

"Her Majesty?" A man said looking confused.

That's when I walked into the crowds, earning a few awes from the people. But those weren't the only things I heard, if you listen in closely, you will hear the whispers that's been covered up by the peoples astonishment.

"First the duke of Meropide gets here and now she's here too, there's something amiss going in here!" Two women conversed.

"I can't believe that now the whole line in the elevator has to stop because one of the so called members of Fontaine's council has to use it. Can't she just go inside with us common folk?" A man said.

I waved towards the citizens with a smile on my face. I knew I had a whole day ahead of me that's going to probably be me sitting all day in Palais Mermonia discussing plans to overcome a crisis that's been worrying everyone for a while.

There is a prophecy swirling around in Fontaine about a flood that will only spare the Hydro Archon, leaving her to weep alone in her throne.

Finally the elevator went up and I stopped the act, it would be a lie if I said that I was not tired yet of the intricacies of having to worry about the prophecy and find a way to go around it. It would most likely feel good to have just one day where I wouldn't have to worry.

The elevator finally came to a stop in front of Palais Mermonia, I opened the umbrella given to me by a Garde and made my way through the wet road towards the entrance. I stopped by my tracks when I noticed two familiar figures both sharing an umbrella, immediately I walked up to them and greeted them.