Ch6 - Small little Tricks

Serena's Point of View

Me and Navia split ways, she went down to the Spina di Rosula headquarters while I continued my stroll around the city. I had missed her truly a lot, she's been just as amazing as usual.

I walked around the area and suddenly stopped when I saw two familiar figures, both blonde with purple eyes and a knack for magic tricks. I smiled when I saw them in middle of the street being crowded with children and adults who were there to watch their tricks. I walked up closer but still kept a distance from the entire crowd.

I watched how Lyney showed the crowd an empty hat and put it back on his head, only for him to take it back out, look at it and a dove fly out of it. I watched how the crowd of children and a few adults started clapping. From afar I too started applauding them while I smiled.

For a second I locked eyes with Lynette, she seemed rather unbothered but she then did poke her brother to my direction, who then saw me applaud from afar. When I saw that the both of them were looking at me, I just waved and smiled to them.

Lyney smiled as he looked at me, his gaze went back to the crowd and immediately started to converse with them. "For my next trick, I shall make someone appear right to your very eyes." Lyney said. That trick sounded amazing.

"Lynette, my dearest sister, could you please step back a few steps?" Lyney said, earning a simple 'Yes' from Lynette before she walked away leaving a gap between her and Lyney.

"Now then, with one snap of my fingers, she'll reappear right next to me." Lyney said as he pointed to the space next to him.

Anticipation quickly befell my body, I wanted to see him make Lynette reappear next to him in broad daylight. The children also seemed very wowed by this, I felt myself smiling like an idiot when I saw him raise his hand up and snap his fingers.

I felt something come up to me and all I saw then were faces, children's faces. I looked around and saw that I was between Lyney and Lynette. So I was the rabbit and not Lynette...

"Princess Serena!!" The children all exclaimed in excitement, yelling my name on top of their lungs while the adults seemed also just as impressed. The crowd started applauding Lyney and Lynette and I even felt a few of the children cling onto my legs as they hugged me.

"Uhhh Lynette... It seems I made the Princess appear right in front of us." Lyney faked being worried, he put his hand behind his head, "Oh no. I don't even have anything to hand her as a gift." He said.

"Maybe a bouquet of flowers?" Lynette said, she seemed rather... emotionless while saying that. Glad to see she didn't change much either.

"Right!" Lyney took off his hat, showed it around the crowd while I was busy hugging back the children around me. He even showed me the empty hat after he showed it to the entire crowd.

"Now, now kids." Lyney said, "I'm going to need to give the Princess her bouquet now." He said and the children all let go and went back to their places. Once again Lyney proved that there was nothing in the hat, he even showed it to me once again and then held his hat in front of me.
"Go on, don't get stage fright." Lyney winked at the crowd.

I reached inside the seemingly empty hat and I felt a bunch of stems all tied up together in one. I grabbed the stems from inside the hat and pulled out a bouquet. It was one made from Lumidouce bells, Romaritime flowers and in the middle of it all there was one Rainbow rose. I gasped when I saw it, it was truly a beautiful bouquet and the flowers were all Fontaine local specialties.