⭑Author's Note⭑

Hi everyone

This is the start of my first book called Lights Out (not that it took me forever to work out that name). 

I have been a fan of Formula One for around the last year and this book is based off of my dream life. I have enjoyed for the last 6 months-ish reading F1 fan-fics but I have never found one that has been about working in Formula One and fell into line with the life that I want to live one day. All of them involve the main character falling in love with a driver which doesn't make sense to me. I don't to be a WAG like that is way too stressful for me and I don't want to live my life aspiring to date an F1 driver cause it is just a bit unrealistic and I don't want to focus on that. 

I decided on the spur of an idea today (1st December 2023) that there might be other people like me who want to live lives working in Formula One and want to be able to read books that envision their lives in the future. So I decided why not now that I have finished school for the year I should write a book and write out this life that I want so desperately. By writing this I am living (a little bit) of the life I do wish I will live one day but also allow for others to feel the same. 

Being my first book this might be a little crazy and bad at times and I apologise in advance for that but please feel free to leave constructive feedback in the comments or ideas that I could use in the future to write future chapters or even future books if this goes well. There isn't yet a publishing time frame or schedule as I have no idea what is going to happen with this and what my days look like so bear with me, please. 

A few notes before we get the story underway. I would love it if you guys would comment where you please as anything is helpful to the story and it helps me to feel out what things please people more.

This book WILL NOT contain an F1 driver love interest because just no, it doesn't line up with a realistic dream life. There will be a love interest but it won't be an F1 driver.

I don't write smut because it makes me uncomfortable, love reading it but not writing thanks. There will be some heartfelt romance moments but not smut. Things will be implied but won't be completely explained, I am more of a book, cute, giggle, love person.

There might also be some triggering things within this book such as SA, mental health, abuse, DV and that sort of thing (I will update this as I continue with the story). But I will add in where the TW will be ⛔ which should help guide you. If these things are triggering to you please skip over the book when you see that emoji until you see it again with the words END.

There will be swearing in this and a few funny sort of inappropriate things because the F1 grid is just toddlers in adult men's bodies.

As I am even doing this author's note the respect I have for other authors has just risen by about 200000% because this is taking quite a while.

I might also add some other POVs if I feel like it is right like maybe Lewis or the love interest.

I will aim to write between 1000-3000 words for each chapter maybe with some shorter and some longer because I know as a reader I enjoy long chapters but please let me know what length of the chapter you guys want to read.

FYI- nothing in this book is exact to my life I have changed things because having my life's story in a book on Wattpad seems like a recipe for disaster to me and I don't some people to know that I do this.

Okay love u all time for the book to begin but shall we start with some introductions

- xoxo Me