The sound of rain drops bouncing off the steel roof is what caused my eyes to flutter open much against my will, my head swiveling to the right where the full length window was placed. Droplets of the God given liquid slid down the glass, creating the illusion that they were in some sort of race with each other. The sight was quite picturesque though I know nothing about aesthetically pleasing scenery and such.

Accompanying my staring was the sound of the beeping monitor that never shut the fuck up.

14 days.

That's how long it took for me to fully recover.

I'll admit that I'm partially at fault for the cause of my injuries, actually, whatever demon that possessed me to say those words towards my father is at fault. I know for a fact that I did not say those words, nothing could prompt me to for I am acutely aware of the consequences.

Look at where it's gotten me.

Days in this fucking hospital have been so painfully boring that I feel like ripping my skin off. Father doesn't allow anyone to visit, not Rin, not my mum. I'm not allowed to leave unless I need to use the bathroom, my phone was taken away, the TV had its cabling removed. The fuck was I, a prisoner? My only crime is wanting to live by my own convictions.

Exhaling, I shook my head as I knew there was nothing I could do about this. At least I'm not dead, though I'm not sure that's a bonus at this point.

I typed up my matted curls into a low bun and glanced around the room. Everyday my sanity is growing thinner and thinner, I'm not sure how much longer I can take this. Yet, somehow I don't regret what I said. That is the first time I had the courage to express the viable anger that had been bubbling up within me.

It felt... freeing.

However, that sense of freedom was short lived as the realization that my soccer career was over before it even began. Father didn't bother to come visit either however his lack of physical appearances made it more apparent that if I dared to touch a soccer ball and defy his word, I wouldn't be so lucky this time.

Just like that, my passion crashed into and burned, not even the remainder of ash left. Tears of frustration pooled in my eyes as my fists clenched the sheets of the bed. Why, why? Why cant I just be as good as my brothers? Why do I have to be such a disappointment?

"I wanted... to be a striker," I said in between muffled cries. I'm so pathetic.

Yanking off the IV drip that was on my wrist, I watched as it dropped to the ground beneath my fit, blood staining my wrists. In that moment, it felt like the spark within me that was sustaining my will to live had died, forever to remain a corpse of who I once was.

𓍢 🎐˳ ׁ ⬦ ⬦ ۪ ׄ 💿 ׅ ֹ ៸៸ 𖠗 ࣭ ʾʾ 🍚ׂ࣭ ⬞

3RD PERSON'S POV
📍JAPAN FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION (JFA)

"Okay... once again, it is clear that Japan is an impasse when it comes to our World Cup Performance. Unless we want a repeat of this performance, I recommend we develop a plan. What do you think Mr. President?" Anri Teiri questioned, glancing over at the man sat at the feet of the dramatically elongated table.

The room was filled with mostly men, older ones at that that clearly had no passion for their jobs. Anri sometimes regrets her decision to work here however he burning passion to send Japan to victory for the World Cup is what keeps her grounded. She wishes that women would get a chance to help achieve her dream too, in a male dominated world, the need for more empowerment was desperately needed.

Well, she planned to bring that point up anyway.

"Our profits are good so what do we need to change? Football is just a business after all," the older man said, evident boredom in his tone as he held his chin in the palm of his hand. "Let's just get ourselves a foreign coach and put the blame on him when Japan fails to win."

Anri stared at him condescendingly, irritation beginning to bubble up within her. These greedy bastards. "Japan's national team's performance has been at a standstill for the past 25 years. It shouldn't be difficult to maintain a higher standard but forgive me for my words..." she stood up. "Japan will never win the world cup."

The president began to laugh hysterically, amused by the womans passion. "You really think Japan has a chance at winning Anri-chan?"

"Of course I do you greedy fox," she spat. "The team is in desperate need of some sort of change. Worldwide, people are complaining about the lack of women in sports, and I assure you gentlemen, if even one talented young girl joins the team, the difference in the national team's performance will be improved!"

"There's a womans football league for a reason," the president said, flicking away dirt from his nails, glancing at his watch as he couldn't wait for this to be over.

Anri narrowed her eyes and scoffed. "Just how many women actually get recognized globally if they play in the women's league. Truth of the matter is, Mr. President, is that men sell more. Anything centering men makes money. We're burying the talents of so many young girls by putting them in some shitty women's league! Especially our countries!" She exasperated.

The men in the room glanced at each other with concerned expressions, wondering if they woman had lost her mind however their looks didn't intimidate Anri in the slightest. To survive in this industry, having a backbone was essential otherwise you'd be finished. She had to learn the hard way.

"What are you suggesting?"

"I'm suggesting that we bring in one young girl to have a chance at being a part of the national team. If it works out, just imagine how much your profits would double," she said before walking towards a chart that had a picture of a lanky looking man with indifference painted on his expression. "Jinpachi Ego is the person we need to achieve that."

𓍢 🎐˳ ׁ ⬦ ⬦ ۪ ׄ 💿 ׅ ֹ ៸៸ 𖠗 ࣭ ʾʾ 🍚ׂ࣭ ⬞

NOTES!
finally getting into the soccer shittttt. thank you for reading everyone!

- zoey 🎧💋