十七

"Lana! That was amazing!"

"You and Bachira managed to score a goal, you're both so badass!"

Several of the members of team Z began to rejoice as they all embraced the two teenagers into rough hugs and head locks that caused a nearly inaudible laugh to escape Lana's lips. The girl was accustomed to scoring goals and having others celebrate her achievements, a feeling that never failed to feed into her ego. Yet, what she was currently feeling was far different than what she usually experienced. It felt liberating in a sense.

Suddenly, an arm was slung over the girl's shoulder causing her to gaze to avert from her teammates to the person that was embracing her so... affectionately. Her heart immediately skipped a beat upon meeting the deep blue oceanic eyes that never failed to pull her into a trance, completely bewitched by his alluringly gorgeous eyes. Isagi grinned and ruffled the girl's hair playfully that caused a chuckle to emmitt from the girl. "You were amazing Lana."

The compliment was quite simple, nothing extraordinary about it yet it still somehow managed to make her cheeks heat up. "Shut up," she said, not knowing how else to respond.

"Come on, I'm just saying the truth," he chuckled. "You keep getting cooler and cooler by the day." And he truly meant that, the more he spent time with the girl or simply observed her, the more his feelings towards her grew, larger than he could contain.

"You just love to flirt with me, don't you?" Lana said, her words teasing and unserious as a way to avoid fully accepting the compliment however it was only seconds after those words left her lips that she insinuated much more than she had intended. Isagi's cheeks burned as his pale skin transformed into a bright colour of scarlet. What does she mean by that?

"I really feel like I can do what Lana and Bachira did!" Igaguri exclaimed, clearly overexcited, his proclamations causing the two awkwardly unaware lovesick teens to snap out of their little bubble and look at the male.

"Hold your horses Igaguri, to surpass your limits doesn't mean to make something absurd on your own," Kunigami chimed.

"Huh?"

"That goal Lana scored right now was a manifestation of her weapons, which are her creativity, flexibility and accurate shooting power. And Bachira's was based on his dribbling weapon. To surpass your limits means to define them and find the answer to the goal."

Lana instinctively looked up at Isagi, that crazy look in his eyes making an appearance causing her to grin. She could tell that he would evolve beyond anyone's expectations and she couldn't help but feel ecstatic on his behalf. The girl could see this burning potential within the male that she wishes could just exhibit itself already.

"Let's do this!"

𓍢 🎐˳ ׁ ⬦ ⬦ ۪ ׄ 💿 ׅ ֹ ៸៸ 𖠗 ࣭ ʾʾ 🍚ׂ࣭ ⬞

Team Z's new found confidence had evidently pissed off Reo Mikage who was so accustomed to the feeling of victory. No one had ever attempted to overthrow him and his team since his arrival at Blue Lock, or if they tried to, they never proved successful. He and Nagi were going to be the best in the world, they had practically already secured themselves a spot in the world's top leagues with their outstanding skills. He would not allow anything to tarnish that and would do absolutely anything to exile those that stood in his way.

Yet, his attempts proved unsuccessful.

Chigiri and Kunigami scored two amazingly epic goals and sure, Nagi managed to counter due to just how much they were beginning to get under his skin however, the Bachira scored his very own goal too, evening out the game once more. Reo panted heavily as the sounds of team Z celebrating the yellow and black haired males goal resonated throughout his brain, an unfailing reminder that he wasn't as good as he thought he was. "Goddammit.." The male said as he clenched his fists, his nails digging into the palm of his hand.