Chapter 21 - 30

Chapter 21

It's almost August, and the village at this time is not as busy as when Shen Zhiyi first came back.

The peanuts, corn, mung beans, soybeans, rice... are already ripe one after another. I have been growing the food for more than half a year and have been looking forward to this day. Of course, I cannot let this food rot in the ground. I can only get up early every day. Those who are greedy for money harvest food.

Despite Shen Zhiyi and Shen Zhiyang's Qian Ding Ling Wan instructions, Grandma Shen stopped growing food. They sent money back to buy food.

But how could Grandma Shen, who had been growing food all her life, be free, so Shen Zhiyi and Shen Zhiyang had no choice but to put the old man at home while the two of them took care of the work in the fields.

From June to August now, the weather has been getting hotter and hotter. In the past few years, summers in their village were also hot, but due to the terrain, there would always be a shower every time the sun reached noon. Although It may not rain heavily, and the rainfall is not much, but it can cool down the hot Yong'an Village. In the evening, the evening breeze blows under the starry trees, which is cool and comfortable.

But this year is different. Their village has not seen a drop of rain in the past two months. Even the water in the pond in front of Shen Zhiyi's house has dropped a lot. It is still sunny.

This was not the only case in their village. Shen Zhiyi turned on his mobile phone and searched. The weather forecast for the entire country in the past ten days seemed to be a series of hot and sunny days in all areas, and no one heard of rain anywhere.

Shen Zhiyi sighed. She was not from the Meteorological Bureau, let alone the governor or mayor, so she couldn't control things so leniently.

Their village is quite good, surrounded by mountains, so it is quite cool in the evening. The crops in the field have matured by this time, and they don't need much rain now.

The two brothers Shen Zhiyi waited until the corn husks in the field turned from green to brown and the corn silks wilted, then they put on long clothes, long sleeves and sun hats and went to harvest the corn.

In the past few months, it has been getting brighter and earlier, and getting dark later and later. Just after five o'clock in the morning, the sky began to turn from pitch black to gray, as if water had been poured into ink. Soon it was daylight. It wasn't until after eight o'clock in the evening that the water in the ink was recovered a little bit, and it turned into a thick black ink color again.

At the beginning, Shen Zhiyi couldn't get up. As soon as she arrived in the field, Shen Zhiyang had already finished breaking off the corn in an acre of land. She did nothing but quietly collected the corn into the space in the corn field.

The aunt of the Gao family next to her turned her head and said to Shen Zhiyang in surprise, "Eh? Yangzi, where are the corns you just broke?"

Shen Zhiyi was breaking out in a cold sweat in this hot day. When I got down, my mind was working rapidly, ready to find any excuse.

Shen Zhiyang next to him was still calm and said, "I just carried the corn in the woven bag to the road next to it. I will pull it back with the car later. Auntie, have you finished breaking the corn at home? I will stop by later. I'll bring it back to you."

Aunt Gao knew that Shen Zhiyang had gone home and bought a car. When she heard that Shen Zhiyang was going to pull corn for her family, she stopped asking about the corn and urged her man to speed up his movements. , she pointed at breaking more corn and asked Shen Zhiyang to help pull more corn back. Her family didn’t have a car, so she could only carry it home manually or carry it home with a pole. This land was far away from home. If there was too much left, Well, it would take them two or three days to get all the corn back from the field, which was a lot of trouble.