Chapter 4

Clorinde and Soulas decided to go get some tea at the cafe, we were chatting about how we met and the good old days.

Clorinde: That's how I came to interest you.

Soulas chuckled for a second

Soulas: I knew for a moment when we met each other. When I was at the party organised by Monsuier Neuvillette 3 years ago.

Clorinde smiled as she remembered that day.

Clorinde: I first saw you when you were standing there at the pillar. You have nobody to talk to, so I came up to you. Ever since then, we came in touch. As well as during what happened with Mr Callas.

Soulas had his head down and felt sad about what happened.

Flashback

After the murder Callas came up to me and Clorinde and requested us before taking the duel.

Soulas: What?!

Callas: I want both of you to take care of my daughter, Navia for me when I'm gone..

Soulas: But, Mr Callas-

Clorinde tapped on his shoulder and spoke

Clorinde: Soulas..He requested this to us and we will not betray his trust.

Clroinde look at Mr Callas

Clorinde: Mr Callas, we'll take care of your daughter. We promise.

Callas felt relieved

Callas: Thank you, Clorinde and Soulas.

Soulas: Are you sure you wanted this?

Callas have his head down and look up.

Callas: My condition is not going well for me and I only have not more than 5 years to live. So I rather take the duel than to stand trial. Even if people hates me, calling me the "Unfaithful", I will continue fighting for Navia when I died..

Soulas was surprised to hear that he was the only one willing to die.

Callas smiled at him

Callas: That is what I wanted.  I wanted to give Navia the life she deserves to feel free.

Soulas looked at Clorinde before he had his head turned away.

Callas: That's why please, Miss Clorinde. I want to fight you to protect my daughter for me.

Clorinde thought about it and finally spoke

Clorinde: Alright..

During the duel, Soulas stood from the side to watch the duel.

Callas was defeated by Clorinde and was killed by her.

Soulas saw great remorse from her and she felt sadness coming from her as well as himself.

Few years later, after the duel. Navia has grown up and with her subordinates, Melus and Silver. They went to her fathers grave and prayed for him to finally uncover the truth. While Soulas and Clorinde stood from the shadows to watch over her.

Flashback ended.

Soulas: Yeah, I'm still surprised that Mr Callas was the only one willing to die..

Clorinde felt sad about what happened.

Clorinde: Me too.. He was the only one willing to die. The rest of the opponents I've faced were afraid.

Soulas look up at the sky

Soulas: Well, thanks to the Traveler, we finally solved one of Fontaine's greatest mysteries.

Clorinde smiled at him

Clorinde: Yeah, we even managed to help Navia by telling about her fathers fate in the duel.

Soulas looked at Clorinde with a grateful expression.

Soulas: Yeah. We've worked together for many years to solve various cases.

Clorinde: Might be. I also remembered you were sleeping while standing (chuckled).

Soulas was embarrassed when she mentioned it.

Soulas: Oh, be quiet! I accidentally fall asleep..

Clorinde: (giggles) You sure do.

They've both finished tea and went around Fontaine for a while until one of the Gardes, Bruno, came up to them.

Bruno: Miss Clorinde, Master Kiryu!

The two of them turned around and saw him

Clorinde: What's wrong?

Bruno: Wriothesley asking both of you to come down to the Fortress of Meropide. The ratio of Primodial Seawater is on the rise!

That sentence makes both Soulas and Clorinde at a shocking expression.

Clorinde: Huh?

Soulas: Wait, what?

Bruno: You have to come down to the Fortress! I'll escort you both there.

Clorinde looked at Soulas before speaking

Clorinde: Looks like Wriothesley needs our help.

Soulas looked at her

Soulas: Let's go.

The both of them headed to the Fortress of Meropide and went inside to check it out. They went to the inside the pipe zone before Clorinde realised that there was someone inside.

Clorinde: I'll go save the person inside, wait for me.

Soulas: Okay.

Clorinde jumped inside the water and saved someone inside from being fully-consumed with the Primordial Seawater. When they've both made it out, the person that she saved was Freminet, who was unconscious.

 When they've both made it out, the person that she saved was Freminet, who was unconscious

Unfortunately, Freminet cannot speak nor move because of his conditions.

Soulas: Isn’t that the diver named Freminet?

Clorinde went to check up on him.

Clorinde: Hmm. He had a very serious condition. He must have consumed Primodial Seawater.

Soulas: I remember that he's a sibling with Lyney and Lynette, so you think they're also here?

Clorinde: Most likely. We need to go to the Duke's Office.

Soulas and Clorinde, while carrying Freminet with them to Wriothesley and tell them about the situation.