Through The Trapdoor

Hope you guys are still interested in this! Sorry again for the little to no updates. You know, life. But I'm back for the moment and I can promise for once that the next chapter is, indeed, on its way.

Here's something I thought I'd address in this chapter being that the man, the legend, Nicholas Flamel himself, appears in it. In chapter eight, when he comes about, a lot of people said 'I thought he was dead!' and to be fair, it's a valid assumption. It never states when exactly he died, however, just that it was by 1996 (in Harry's sixth year). When I read this, I realized there was little reason I couldn't use him for this story, as it doesn't say when exactly in 1996 he's known to be dead and we're currently in March of '96.

I also realized, after looking him up, that he apparently appears in the second Fantastic Beasts film. I actually haven't yet seen the second movie. I don't know how much he's in the film nor how they do his character, but I'm going to stick with the version of him I created in my head and how I portrayed him in the eighth chapter, hopefully that's okay with all of you. I'm usually very careful about following canon, especially for this story, but I think taking a few liberties is okay especially if they make sense and they're for minor characters. And more than anything, I follow the seven books, I don't look to the films (almost) at all. Besides, I don't like Joanne so I don't have much motivation to listen to her word of mouth or whatever she spews out of it besides what's in the original seven books.

Anyway that's my little piece, hopefully you guys like the Occlumency scene. I actually wrote it all the way back in 2017. I edited it since then, of course. Please, tell me your thoughts on it. Tell me if I did well, and especially, tell me if I didn't.

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or any of the characters and this is not a way for me to criticize the books. It's just how I believe the characters would react if they read the Harry Potter books.

In This Chapter: Harry and the reading party hear about the end-of-year exams and the trip down the trapdoor. There, the trio encounter a new adventure at every turn, from Devil's Snare to flying keys to giant chessboards (where Ron gets hurt) to fiery riddles.

Chapter 16

Harry was feeling both excited and nervous for his first occlumency lesson with Flamel. Already, he felt more motivated to do well for the man than he ever felt with Snape. Flamel had offered to take time out of his day--one of his final days from the sound of it--to help Harry and he still couldn't believe it. But seeing that Flamel actually wanted to do this, Harry wanted to make sure it wasn't in vain.

They met in one of the abandoned classrooms, a smaller, round room on the fifth floor with large windows, two chalkboards, and many unused desks. It wasn't overly dusty, that was helped by the house elves and Filch, but it definitely hadn't been used for a while and it showed on the aged wood. Flamel scanned the room and nodded to himself.

"Yes, yes this will do quite well," he said. Harry settled further into the room. "This- oh don't worry about that, set your wand down," Flamel said to Harry when he took it out. Harry glanced at his wand and at Flamel and was reminded of his first lesson with Umbridge. "Don't look like that, son, we will be practicing just not yet. And in any case this brand of magic has little to do with wands."

Harry put the wand down on the nearest desk.

"Now have a seat," Flamel said and Harry obeyed once again. Flamel took one of the other chairs and turned it to be facing Harry. "These desk seats were never comfortable."

With a wave of Flamel's wand, Harry's chair transformed into a plush armchair similar to the ones in his common room. The desk was moved to the side as well as the other chairs and now Harry just sat facing the much older man, who sat in his own transfigured plush armchair.