Nicolas Flamel

Shorter chapter for you as this is pretty much just the book reading reaction. Hope you enjoy anyway.

Disclaimer, I do not own Harry Potter or any of the characters and this is not a way for me to criticize the books. It's just how I believe the characters would react if they read JK Rowling's brilliant work.

In This Chapter: Harry has his second quidditch game, the trio finally find out who Nicolas Flamel is, Neville and Ron defend themselves against Malfoy, and Harry overhears a conversation between Snape and Quirrell that makes Snape seem even more guilty.

Chapter 13

If Harry thought his fame was unnerving before, it had nothing on how it was now. He was sure, before, that it was impossible for him to get more famous. Especially considering he had been schooling with his peers for five years and they hated him every other year. But the damn books, they were ruining everything.

He was starting to be convinced that somewhere among the students there was a fanclub made. Colin, who had calmed down a bit since Harry's second year, was back to his excited fanboy ways. People whispered in every hallway he turned in and they were so obvious about it he wondered why they bothered whispering at all.

As if all of this weren't annoying and invasive enough, he found that his relationships seemed to be getting a lot of attention as well. Not him and Cho, not yet at least. Cho was an entire other issue. It wasn't even specifically romantic relations that caught people's attention. His friendship with Ron and Hermione had gotten very popular. They had been pretty much officially dubbed the Golden Trio in the last week. Being called a trio wasn't entirely new, as every so often they would be named as such by their housemates affectionately. But now everyone was calling them that.

"It's such a great mix, isn't it?" said a girl who hadn't known the 'Golden Trio' was just a few paces behind her and her friend. "Hermione's the brain of the Golden Trio, Ron's the brawns of it, and Harry's a mix!"

All three looked at each other with similar expressions of ire. While the girl likely thought she was paying them each a fantastic compliment, even if she didn't know she'd practically said it to them, they disagreed.

"Lovely to be reduced to one single aspect of a brand," Hermione muttered.

"At least you've got brains." Ron said.

"Just think, we've got seven books of this." Harry shoved his hands in his pockets.

Eventually, the three would have to accept this sort of talk and find a way to put it out of all of their minds. It was not the only part of the books that Harry wanted to put out of his mind. He wanted to forget all about the beginning of the book with the Dursleys. He tried to put them out of his mind while at school, and he certainly hadn't appreciated them being brought up in the way it had been. The school seemed to be moving on from the subject, at least a little, as everyone was as engrossed with the mystery of Nicolas Flamel as he and his friends had been at eleven. It was a little annoying how often he'd been asked about who Nicolas Flamel was, especially considering it would be explained in the book very soon. But Harry would rather answer questions about Flamel than to answer questions about what went on when he was in Number 4, Privet Drive. One person in particular, however, didn't seem to get the hint.

Harry's relationship with Cho was arguably the best it had been since it started. This wasn't saying much about the relationship itself considering Harry had reduced the girl to tears twice since they'd last restarted things. Not that it was hard.

Cho seemed to think that what Harry really needed was to talk about what his aunt, uncle, and cousin put him through. She would push and push, asking questions, wanting to know more about what they did to him. When she would push too hard, Harry couldn't help getting short with her, which lead to, yeah, crying. He knew her heart was in the right place, she wanted to be his shoulder to cry on, to get all of that oppressive childhood tension out of him so she could fully be there when he broke. (These were Hermione's words when he asked her about it. He had been quite annoyed with her when she said he would break and even debated not talking to her for the rest of the day but she realized she upset him and apologized at once.)