The Forbidden Forest

Woo! I finished it! Would you believe I actually started working on this as soon as I uploaded the last chapter? And it's been a month. But at least it hasn't been three years... haha. Every time I tried to work on it, I had to do something else. Anyway, enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or any of the characters and this is not a way for me to criticize the books. It's just how I believe the characters would react if they read the Harry Potter books.

In This Chapter: Remus and Sirius read about Harry's detention in the forbidden forest and McGonagall taking away fifty points from Harry, Hermione, and Neville. This causes the whole school to turn on the three (besides Ron of course). What really interests them is Harry's run in with centaurs and Voldemort himself!

Chapter 15

"So, Harry," Fred and George came up to him, Ron and Hermione in the common room, it was Fred who was speaking. "Where do you reckon we should have our reading party tonight? My thoughts lead to the room of requirement--"

"But I thought it'd just be easier to have it here and tell anyone who isn't a part of our party to bug off." George said.

Hermione twisted her lips. "I mean, would you really be able to keep people out of here? It is the common room... you know... for everyone..."

"Hermione," Fred shook his head. "Come on, it's us. Of course we can keep people out."

Harry shrugged. "Here's fine. What time is it happening again?"

"Seven thirty!" the twins said together.

"On the dot," Fred said.

"Don't be late!" George finished.

Harry realized something, "Oh... Being late isn't the issue. It's leaving early. I just remembered I have a meeting at eight..."

"What? Are you pulling my leg, Potter?" Fred asked.

"If you're trying to avoid it or get out of it, we can just--" George started.

"Hey," Ron cut in. "He really does have a meeting, a very important one, too."

Hermione nodded. "He made it a week ago, long before you two even had the idea for your reading party."

Fred and George looked disappointed. George said, "Harry, you're kind of our guest of honor..."

Harry sighed. "How about this, move it back an hour. Eight thirty, read chapter fifteen without me, and I'll try to be back for the last two chapters." Fred tapped his chin and looked at George, who shrugged. Harry said, "It's the best I can do."

"Well alright, alright." Fred said. "After we read chapter fifteen, we'll give you a... twenty minute grace period. If you're not back by then, we start on the next chapter without you."

Harry shrugged. "Whatever feels right."

George looked at Fred. "Guess we gotta put the word out. Book reading, now at eight thirty."

Hermione watched them leave with a thoughtful look. "That's pretty late to start a reading party considering it's a school night. Ron, you can't put off your homework anymore."

"Alright, alright, I'll do it now!" Ron grumbled. "Why aren't you on Harry about this?"

"Because you said just twenty minutes ago that you haven't done your potion's homework and I'm sure Harry has." Hermione turns to him. "Haven't you, Harry?"

Harry cringed. "I'll get started on mine, too."

Hermione sighed. "The both of you, honestly..."

While many Gryffindor students were making plans for reading chapter fifteen that evening, two former Gryffindor students were just about to start on it.