4- Data-gathering

Marcus' days went on with his busy schedule. That is because he now has the will to push through with his game application and start the data-gathering process. After distributing the material to the selected teachers in their school a week ago he is now in the process of fixing the issues the teachers encountered using the app. After this one, he just has to wait for three months to see if the app has a positive contribution to the teaching and learning process of young learners.

He is busy running some codes when someone knocks at his door. It's Owen.

"Good to go?" Tanong nito.

"5 minutes." Tugon niya bago muling ibalik ang buong atensyon sa kanyang laptop. Naramdaman niya ang pagpasok ng kapwa guro sa kanyang silid at paglapit nito sa pwesto. Ilang sandali pa ay nagsalita ito.

"Iba talaga ang nagagawa ng pag-ibig. It fuels you to do more and be better." That statement draw confusion on Marcus' face.

"Problema mo?"

"Ako wala pero ikaw mukhang magkakaroon."

"Do getting married makes you a prophet?"

"No, but it will let you see who will next bite the dust."

"Never gonna happen. I only agreed to be the best man not the next groom in line."

"Pero mahal mo na?"

"Oo." Nang mapagtanto niya ang naiusal ay walang pag-aalinlangan niya itong namura.

"Gago kang putang ina ka."

"Hoy bibig mo nga. Parang di ka teacher eh noh."

Matagal na siyang hindi nagmumura pero may mga pagkakataon talaga na hindi maiwasan lalo na kung si Owen naman. Mabilis niyang pinatay ang laptop ng matapos sa ginagawa bago muling hinarap ang kaibigang guro.

"Tara na bago pa kung anong hangin ang pumasok dyan sa utak mo." Hinatak niya ito palabas ng classroom niya. Kanina pa tapos ang klase nila at ngayong araw sila nakatakdang sukatan ng para sa isusuot nila sa kasal.

"Kung mahal mo na, huwag mo ng patagalin pa. Tumatanda ka na, dude." Muling pagbubukas ni Owen ng paksa habang binabaybay nito ang kahabaan ng hi-way. Dala nito ang sasakyan nito ngayong araw dahil sa lakad nilang ito.

"Dude hindi porket ikakasal ka na kailangan damay din ako. Are you now envious with my now bachelor's life?"

"No thanks. I will never trade a lifetime with Esther with any other life." Owen proudly boosts.

Marcus knew that those were just innocent remarks from his love-infected buddy yet he felt beaten by the bitter truth that he had no one now. Just a few months ago he used to be that man. Devoted and contented with the life he has with his special someone. But now all he feels is emptiness.

Then suddenly the car stops and an exquisite beauty who seems to be radiating under the sun comes into view. That view was a 'her' who imprisoned all his attention.

"Noon hirap na hirap kang mag-move on. Ngayon naman hirap kang tanggapin that you are already done with it. Admit it, dude, you already move forward and that is because of that woman."

Nginisian niya lang ito at nauna nang bumaba ng sasakyan. Masyadong maraming sinasabi si Owen at hindi niya kailangan ang kahit ano mang sinisiksik nito sa utak niya dahil hindi siya gagawa ng bagay na ikagugulo nila ni Olivia.

Marcus greeted Olivia with a smile and kissed her on the cheek like it was the most natural thing to do.

"I'm not expecting you to be here, but I'm glad to see you."