Three French Hens (Melanie POV)

A few days had gone by since the last shoot, and it was finally time for day three of the story, which included, of course, more birds. Chickens, to be exact. 

I hopped in the car when my manager pulled away.

"We're going to meet your next partner at a farm today," He reminded me.

"A farm?"

"Yep, a farm. You'll be taking a look at some of the chickens there. It will be a similar process to what happened with the doves, just different birds."

"Glad to know"

I sunk down into my chair and thought back over the song to see how many more birds I would be working with during this shoot. Luckily I was halfway done already. We drove for at least 2 hours before dirt became our new road. We pulled up into a random driveway next to a black van. Guess my partner was already here.

I got out and was quickly met with the stench of something utterly disgusting. I gagged to myself at the smell, not knowing what it was. I walked to the front of the car in search of the source when a bright and cheery voice flooded my senses.

"Why hello there!" 

I looked in the direction of the voice to see a woman with a smile as bright as the afternoon sun. She had sunken eyes and subtle laugh lines on her face. Her hands looked dried from the continuous work she had done in the fields, and wore an outfit that matched the country environment she was in. She came to my manager with open arms, and he gave the lady a side hug. She gave me a small hug as well and started walking up the hill.

"I knew you guys were comin', but my husband is still settin' up out 'ere. Do you wanna wait in the house for him, or have a look around?"

My manager paused in his steps and looked at me as if asking me where to go.

"Can we wait inside please?"

"Sure thing dear. The other actor's already here anyway and he's also waitin' inside."

Maybe he wants to get away from the stench too.

I trek up the hill behind the lady up to her quaint little farmhouse. Inside is the most homiest home I have ever been to. it was warm and smelled as if Christmas had a smell. I left my winter shoes by the door and went to the dining room where my partner on set this time, Jacob Bae, sat with a cup of hot chocolate and some gingerbread cookies. His manager was sitting on the couch, and my manager went to him, while I sat down in front of him.

"Ready to meet some chickens?" Jacob questioned jokingly.

"Not really"

"Why?"

"I'm just ready to be done with birds if I'm being quite honest"

"How many more birds do you have to be around"

"3 more thankfully, not counting today"

"At least it'll be over soon"

"True"

Jacob and I continued to talk until we heard the creaky wooden door open. A man in overalls, a flannel shirt, and rubber boots had come just in. He looked to be the same age as the lady, and I quickly connected the dots as the lady went over to him. She placed a kiss on his cheek and he whispered something to her before the man went back outside.

"It's ready for you guys," The lady said and I quickly got up to put on my shoes, heading outside back into the disgusting air.\

I couldn't hold back much longer.

"Excuse me miss?"

The lady looked in my direction as we waited for everyone.

"What is that smell?"