Seven Swans A Swimming (Melanie POV)

I was standing in the frigid park with Kevin, him awaiting my answer with a glint of hope in his eyes. I continued to stand there, in costume, still unsure about his offer.

"I just wanted to show you a couple places, then drop you off at the hotel. Then I'll go home and spend the night with my family."

Knowing it wasn't too many places, I decided to take him up on the offer.

"Sure, as long as our managers are okay with it."

"Alright"

I ran across the road to change out of costume, as well as grab my phone and ask my manager about touring with Kevin. I messaged him and he replied quicker than expected.

"You can go, just be to the hotel soon, your flight is early tomorrow morning."

I put my phone back in my bag and walked back across the street to see Kevin still waiting.

"My manager said it was fine" he said.

"Mine said it was fine too."

"Then let's go," he said, gripping my wrist and pulling me up to the street.

He got us an Uber and we went to a destination that he picked, with me not knowing a thing.

"Have you ever had poutine before?" He asked me.

"No. What is it?"

"It's french fries and cheese curds covered in gravy and it's so good. It's the 'official' dish of Canada. There was always this one place that made the best poutine when I was younger, and that's where we're going now."

"It sounds good, did you go here earlier?"

"No, I had my mom's homemade poutine."

"Was it better than this place?"

"Of course, nothing beats homemade."

"True. Nothing beats homemade."

He looked out his window, seeing the place in the distance. His eyes lit up like the streetlights as the place got closer. When we were finally in front, he came to my side to open the door for me, and we walked in. I could see why he liked this place the moment I walked in.

It had a homey atmosphere and felt like it was a family owned and run business; just all around extremely inviting.

"Hello, how many in your party?" The hostess asked.

"Two" Kevin responded.

"Okay, right this way..." The lady's voice trailed off at the end.

"Yes miss?"

"S-Sorry, nothing. Right this way"

She walked to a booth, and we followed her, sitting down as she handed us our menus.

"Enjoy your meal!"

She walked away as a guy with smoothed back silver hair came our way.

"Hello, I'm Keeho and I'll be your waiter this evening."

Kevin and I quickly ordered some drinks and soon enough our food.

"I see why you liked this place as a kid."

"What do you mean?"

"It's homey...comforting...the service seems to be good. It just feels very inviting"

"Hm, I never thought of it that way"

 "Is it family owned and run?"

"I don't know. I've never asked"