03

Gasping awake everything came back to Damon

Gasping awake everything came back to Damon. Him falling in love, getting engaged and Katherine compelling him to forget the love of his life. At that moment Damon didn't care about anything else and quickly rushed to find the love of his life. Damon rushed through the street pausing when he notice Emily Bennett standing over a figure gasping for breath. "No." He whispered rushing over and taking the girl gently in his arms. "Baby, Hey." He whispered his voice cracking as he held the dying girl in his arms.          "D-Day?" Nikole whimpered out thinking she was hallucinating. "You died." She whispered tears building up. Damon shook his head as he remembered the women giving him blood. "Katherine made me drink her blood." He whispered pushing her hair out her face. "Emily is there anything you can do?" He asked urgently to the witch behind him. "Nadia gave her blood. When she dies she'll come back as a vampire." Emily reassured causing Damon to sigh thankful the girl's mother was prepared. Damon knew about the women's secret and promised to keep a secret when he had learned it. "I'm right here baby. I'm not going anywhere." Damon kept whispering watching as she took her last breath breaking his heart. Damon knew she would wake up again but seeing her like this. Damon didn't ever want to witness his girl to die in his arms ever again.

Gasping awake the first thing Nikole saw was the icy blue color she grew to love. "Day?" She whispered as she quickly wrapped her arms around his neck hugging him tightly. Damon smiled hugging the girl back just as tightly both ignoring the present of the Bennett witch who watched the two in happiness. Before Katherine, anyone who saw Damon and Nikole knew the two were destined to be together. "Nikole, your mother told me to give you this and she also told me to give you this Damon." Emily explained handing Nikole a necklace and Damon a ring. "They'll help you walk into the sun. We need you to finish your transition Nikole. Stefan already made Damon complete his." Emily continue causing her to look at Damon confused.

After Nikole had passed Damon remember his brother was shot also and quickly went to go tell him of the event that had occurred only to be forced to drink blood and then be left behind by Stefan. "I'll explain later come on I'll help you." Damon whisper helping the girl stand up. "Damon!" Emily yelled out causing the couple to pause. "I know you guys hate her but Katherine is in the tomb." This caused the couple to pause and look at eachother with a new found fire. "How do we get her out Aunt E?" Nikole asked using the name she called Emily when her and her mother became good friends. "Nikole I don't-." She started. "I don't care Aunt E this bitch put my mother in danger and compelled my fiancé to forget me! How do I get her out! Plus from what mother has told me she is the reason my father couldn't become his true self. So tell me Aunt E how!?" The girl was practically fuming now. The woman who caused so much hurt to her and her family is alive in a tomb by damn was she going to let her enjoy the freedom of being locked away. "Nikole you will know when the time comes honey. Right now you need to meet your mother in New Orleans she's waiting on you." Emily reassured as she starts to walk away. "I'll make a deal with you!" Damon exclaim causing the witch to pause. "You tell me how to get the women who caused so much pain out and we'll protect the generation to come of Bennett witches." Damon proposed holding his fiancé tighter to him. Emily sighed before pulling a necklace out. "When the time comes and only then will this necklace be useful to open the tomb." She stated sternly. "Now get to New Orleans, your new life awaits you." She wished them luck before leaving the two alone

After drinking blood the two made their way to New Orleans where Nadia was quick to pull the couple in a tight embrace. "Welcome to your new home darlings. How about we work on getting that thirst under control." She whisper pulling away from the two. Nadia  lead them through the town when they were greeted by a dark skinned male. "Welcome to New Orleans, Nadia has told me so much about her little girl. I'm Marcel." The man greeted causing Nikole to look at her mother confused. Nadia had told the girl about how her father had took a boy in and thought he was killed. Nadia seeing the look nodded. "Yes little dove, it's the exact same one." She stated causing the girl to smile widely as she was meeting someone that was close to her father. Marcel had seen the look causing him to chuckle.

The family spent years in New Orleans Damon and Nikole finally got married but two months later tragedy happened. Nadia had been out walking when she was attacked by a werewolf. Sadly there was no cure, everyone did their best to make the women as comfortable as possible knowing her time was short. "Mother, you can't leave me. I still need you." Nikole whimpered out holding her mother's hand tightly with Marcel on the other side of the bed looking down at the woman who ended up becoming a mother figure to him.Nadia looked at her daughter with tears. "You're a big girl now little dove. I'm always going to be with you." Salem whispered her heart breaking at the sight of her daughter upset. "Don't worry, Baby he'll take care of you." She whispered as she motioned to Marcel and also talking about Damon as she gently squeezing Nikoles hand. "Find your family they go by Mikaelson." She order. "Your necklace will be the key to prove you're a real Mikaelson. Your father's name is Niklaus Mikaelson." She whispered as she slowly started to pass.Nadia looked towards the door frame where Damon was standing. "Damon take care of my girl." She demanded causing the man to nod with tears building up. "Always Nadia." He whispered gently kissing his mother in laws head before sitting behind his wife wrapping an arm around her shoulder to provide comfort. The three watched as Nadia's skin slowly turned grey as the women slowly passed.

The Necklace