05

The couple stayed with the Mikaelson for years traveling

The couple stayed with the Mikaelson for years traveling. While Klaus and Nikole worked on building their bond. The two became a dynamic duo, especially when it came down to family. The two didn't take too kindly when it came to family being held captive for 5 years. The only family she met so far was her aunt Bekah and Uncles Elijah and Ezra as her uncle Kol and Finn were daggered.

It was now 1995 and the couple decided to take a trip to Georgia one of their favorite places when traveling. It was late at night and the couple were just enjoying a late night stroll when the heard a scream causing the two to share a look before rushing in the direction the scream come from. Upon coming across the alley the two saw a woman being attacked by a vampire. Usually the couple would ignore it and let the vampire carry on but for some reason they couldn't just walk away. Damon quickly rushed forward throwing the vampire off while Nikole rushed forward to the young women who couldn't be but maybe 19-20 years old. "Shh, your okay Love." She whispered sighing when she realized there was no saving the young girl. "It's ok." She tried to reassure running her fingers through the girls now bloody hair. "M-My baby." The girl mumbled causing Nikole to snap her head up. "Baby? What baby?" She asked panicking watching as the girl struggled pointing in the direction of a baby carrier that was laying on its side. Damon who heard the conversation rushed over to the carrier after the vampire ran away.

Inside the carrier was a baby boy who couldn't be but maybe 4-5 days old. Damon quickly but gently made his way over to his wife and the young mother setting the carrier down and crouching beside his wife. The couple shared a look knowing the women was dying. "Take care of him." The girl mumbled looking at the couple, Nikole hesitated but Damon had already made up his mind. "We will. What's his name?" Damon asked looking down at the baby before looking at the mother who shook her softly head indicating she hadn't named him before the life left her eyes. Sighing the dark haired man stood up and grabbed the carrier and started walking towards the alley. "Day, are you serious about this? I mean we haven't even talked about kids." Nikole asked as she rushed after her husband down the alley. It wasn't like she hadn't thought about it, it's just this was a big step especially for vampires. "I'm not leaving him in the alley Nikki. No child deserves that." He exclaimed turning to look at his wife. "I wasn't suggesting that at all. It's just this is a big step, the closes thing we know about raising a kid is from us taking care of Stefan." She explained causing Damon to sigh. "Then we wing it. Plus we'll have family to help." Damon whispered placing his empty hand gently on his wife's cheek. Nikole smiled before looking down at the baby for the first time.  Damon gently kissed her forehead before looking down at the baby as well. This was their new chapter in life.

After a couple of days the couple returned home where the Mikaelson were staying. "We're home!" Nikole yelled handing her bag to Damon and gently taking the little boy out of the baby carrier and sitting on the couch. "Welcome ho-." Klaus went to greet only to pause seeing his daughter holding a baby. "What's this?" He asked after snapping out of his shock and moving over to sit beside her. "His mother got attacked by a Vampire and we couldn't just leave him there." She whispered not even looking at her father. Klaus smiled slightly at the sight watching his daughter baby talk to the child. "Did you get the legal documents? Does the fella have a name?" Klaus asked after a couple minutes of silence. Damon after setting the bags down walked over sitting on the arm of the couch looking down at his wife and official son. "We do. While in Georgia we compel to get all the right documents putting him as our child. Of course when he gets older we'll tell him of his birth mother but he's documented as our birth child." Damon explained looking at his father in law. "We named him Aidan Eli Salvatore." Nikole added rubbing a finger along Aidan's cheek. Klaus smiled knowing the meaning behind the names Aidan because of it being Nadia spelled backwards and Eli after Elijah.

When Nikole and Elijah met it was an instant connection and the two became best friends, Klaus couldn't even find himself being jealous of the platonic connection his daughter and brother had. Of course the girl connected with Rebekah and Ezra but she wasn't as close to them due to one always trying to find love and the other trying to resolve the hybrid curse on Klaus and Himself. "Do you want to hold him?" Nikole asked watching as her father hesitant. Smiling softly she gently handed the baby to her father watching as her father gently started swaying the baby in his arms and talking to him.

Hours later the 3 remained on the couch cooing at Aidan not even realizing that Elijah had walked in confused at the sight in front of him. "What's going on here?" He asked causing everyone's head to snap in his direction. Nikole smiled brightly at her uncle's presence and gently stood up since she was now holding her son and walked over to the man and giving him a one arm hug. "Hello darling." He greeted kissing his nieces head before looking at the child in her arms. "Who's this little fella?" He asked running his finger on the baby's cheek. "Uncle Eli, I want you to meet your nephew Aidan Eli Salvatore. We adopted him while on our trip. His mother was attacked and killed." She explained smiling brighter when Elijah gesture asking is he could hold the baby. Elijah was touched that his niece named the baby after him. He honestly figured that she'd name she child after his brother's like her mother did her. Nikole deciding her child was in safe hands move back to the couch and sat beside her husband leaning into his side where he gently wrapped his arm around her shoulder kissing the side of her head. This was her family and she couldn't be more thankful she only wish her mother was here to be a part of it.