CHAPTER THREE

What would have been fifteen minutes on a normal day, Owen and I spent over an hour taking detours and avoiding the endless hordes of infected that were walking and snarling towards us, just to get to RPD and we found one of the side exits but it was locked. "Of course it is," I groaned as Owen tried slamming it open multiple times but it wasn't budging but he didn't stop. "Owen, it's not going to open," I tried getting him to stop but he didn't listen and continued slamming himself against the door over and over, ignoring that he was beginning to bruise his shoulder. "Owen stop!" I tried pulling him away but he in turn slammed me against the door by my throat! "Owen, you're hurting me!" I tried pleading with him and he just stared into my eyes, into my soul with a very cold look within them. "Owen, I'm not your enemy."

Owen then gasped as his eyes changed from being cold and dark to innocent and apologetic and he let me go as I was gasping, coughing and trying to get as much as air in my lungs as I could. "Connor, I'm so sorry. I don't know what happened. I lost—I lost control."

I didn't say anything as I was still clearing my throat but that's when we heard the moans again, the growling sounds of the infected and they were coming from our left and our right, my guess was that they were drawn by the noise Owen was making slamming himself against the door over and over again. We knew the door wasn't budging and we couldn't run as we were surrounded but I then noticed one of the high windows was open, "Owen, give me a boost to that window and I'll open the door from the inside."

"You got it," Owen then put his hands together and I stepped on them and he pushed me up like he was superhuman, I felt I was being tossed up and I climbed up into the window, landed inside and unlocked the door for Owen and he quickly entered and we closed and locked the door. We could hear the infected banging against the door loudly and we were breathing heavily. "Close one."

I didn't respond to what Owen said, him choking me out kinda freaked me out and I instead drew my shotgun which luckily had a flashlight on it and I pointed it down the darkened hallway in the police station, "I know my way around the station, stay close," I began walking and staying quiet. The only thing we could hear was the faint sound of our shoes echoing from the steps we took.

Owen and I didn't say a word to each other. Well, it was more me not wanting to say anything. Look, I knew why he lost control, he lost his sister and he's grieving, I get it but it still scared me but I was also trying to focus on finding more survivors, hoping that they knew something. Hoping that someone had a lead that pointed towards Umbrella or at the very least, a way out of the city.

After a few moments, Owen whispered, "Connor, I'm sorry about what I did. I didn't even know what I was doing until I snapped out of it and realized I was hurting you. I—I hope you can forgive me."

I shook my head as I spoke, "Owen. You can make it up to me later. Right now we need to focus on finding other survivors or at least turning the lights on," I said but Owen didn't say anything after. I felt bad for disregarding his apology, maybe I was making it a bigger deal than it really was. I don't know.

We finally reached the end of the hallway and found a red button slightly glowing and Owen pressed it and the hallway lights came on and we turned off the flashlights on our guns, "that makes things a little easier," he said and there was a door to our right and I grabbed the handle to open it and it was unlocked. Thank God, I thought to myself and we slowly went through but found the lights on but heard some people and we smiled as we quickly made our way over and found some police officers and civilians and I recognized one of the officers.

"Marvin!" I shouted as I ran to him.

"Connor?" He said as he approached Owen and I. "I didn't even know you were still in the city."