Chapter 2

Shwish! It swung around quickly. Whoosh! THWACK! It hit the pole, shaking the practice dummy attached. 
"What was that?" A voice called from across the room.
Ugh! Her. "You wouldn't understand." Na hissed. "Maybe if you actually learned how to use a sword, like you were supposed to-" 
The tan bird clicked her beak impatiently. "Ugh. If I knew you were gonna lecture me, I would've stayed home."
Na sighed. Why is she so whiny?
"What do you want?" 
Lila rolled her eyes. "You're wanted in the conference room." Na could see the jealousy in the unsuccessful bird's eyes. Ha. If you actually trained, maybe you'd get invited to important events, too.
She thought smugly. 

Lila had been Na's childhood rival, the two would always try to best each other growing up. But, Na graduated Learnplace with better grades, and took a place as a high rank Talon trainee. 
Lila could've been a normal Talon, but trying to beat Na had been her only sort of motivation, and she couldn't make it through Trainplace. She was still trying to get a job.

Na strut past. "Well, Thanks." She hissed, making her way past. "Don't act so high and mighty." Lila muttered aggressively. Na stopped. "You talk too big. Maybe if you shut your beak, you'd get a job." 
That sure got her mad. Lila hated hearing about how Na was 'so much more successful'. (-Quoted, anyone who knew the two)
Na continued past, ignoring Lila's offended scoff.
Now, what kind of nonsense have I been summoned for now? She sighed. And why did they send Lila for me? She nearly choked on the realization Lila's tasking may have been an upright test. It was exactly a trick her mentor would pull. I definitely failed that test. 
The curtains fluttered quickly, despite there being no wind outside.
Maybe he called for me just to scold me again. But why the conference room? 

She trotted down the halls. Whatever the matter, she wasn't going to get out of it easy. 

As soon as she looked into the council, Na realized. This wasn’t a test. This was important. 
Almost all the high ranked Talons and trainees were at the table, the rest surely to come. Their faces were blanketed with concern. Or… Was that fear?

End of chapter 2.

Thanks for reading! I really appreciate you guys. I work so hard on this, the art for every chapter takes me so long, and not to mention the chapter itself.
And, for once, I finished that nonsense on time.

Chapter 3 on Saturday, the 6th of January.

HAVE AN AMAZING MONTH!!!