Chapter Four

"Well, hello there. You're a new face around here"

I raise my line of sight to meet with the person who had blocked my pathway back to Blaise and the other Slytherins.

Wow. If I thought Malfoy was attractive at first glance, this boy in front of me is just as gorgeous.

My gaze wanders over him. He towers over me, with olive-coloured skin and deep brown hair cropped close to his neck but paired with wild curls on top that fold over his eyes, obstructing his view.

"Yes, well, that would be because I'm a transfer student" I respond to his query.

He nods along absent-mindedly. His deep brown eyes, which are flecked with a lighter shade of brown that shines gold, pass over me. Assessing me in the same way Malfoy was earlier.

"My name is Sloane, and I have to get back to my cabin if you wouldn't mind moving over a bit"

"Sloane, huh?" He makes no move to get out of my way. Instead, he leans on the wall that held the slight gap to continue down the corridor.

Betraying my senses, I have to admit my name had never sounded better than what it did coming from his mouth.

"You wish for us to stand here for the rest of the ride, or would you like to introduce yourself as well?" I ask him, slightly aggravated by not being able to move down the train.

"Mhmm, now where would the fun be in that? Wouldn't you like the mystery of it?" He leans down slowly, attempting to come face-to-face with me.

I have a slight intake of air, as he comes closer I see the light outline of freckles that are adorning his face, centering around the bridge of his nose where a faint white scar lies horizontally.

"Yeah sure, I just love it when strangers corner me in a hallway and start interrogating me" I retort as I roll my eyes at the slight audacity this boy has.

His grin turns feline at my response, and he shifts his position leaning on the wall. In the small window of time, as he moves, I push my way past him and continue to try and find my newly befriended Slytherins.

"Well, I've had such a lovely time talking to you, see you around I guess" I call back to him over my shoulder without looking at him.

Continuing on my walk down, I finally stumbled across the cabin.

Opening the door, I am greeted by Blaise and his loud, joyous laugh.

"Look at you! I never thought I would see you in the Hogwarts uniform. I don't think I've ever been prouder if I am being honest" he exclaims, grinning ear to ear as I sit back down next to him and Daphne.

"Yeah, well it would look a lot better once I am sorted into my house though"

"Slytherin. You will be in Slytherin. We both know the other houses won't be able to handle you"

"Ha. Ha. You're a real comedian, Zabini. Truly a generational talent" I respond dripping with sarcasm, which has most of the cabin stifling their grins.

"Whatever, Brooksy, we both know it's true. Speaking of our phenomenal house, where is the true Slytherin spawn?"

"He said he was going for a walk. I don't know. You know how he is, he's just in one of his mysterious moods. Leave him be" Pansy says, shedding light on the whereabouts of Riddle.

As if the universe heard the question being put into the air, the door to the cabin is slowly opened. All eyes, including my own, move to the source of the movement at the door.

My eyes meet already familiar ones.

"Well, this is surprising, isn't it? Hello Sloane, it's a pleasure to see you again"

Matteo Riddle.

The stranger from the corridor of the train.