chapter 11

Eleanor grabbed her highly intelligent tablet that had all the information she needed for her job as the Avenger's assistant. She was currently hunched over in her tech-savvy soulmate's private office, seated on a cushioned office chair. Tony was sitting by her side, admiring his soulmate as if she was a goddess.

"Tony, love, if you keep staring at me like that, how am I going to get any work done?" Eleanor exclaimed with a soft smirk. She glanced back down at her tablet and opened a file under the name "CONDITIONS".

"I'm gonna introduce you to the others tonight, angel. They're gonna be blown away!" he replied in a whispered voice, beaming at his soulmate.

The silence was deafening.

Eleanor shot up and a look of dread filled her gaze. "Sorry? When did we decide this?"

"Oh angel, I just want us to finally be complete. It's best to meet them now before well... we all go on fairly dangerous missions and, you know, eventually..." Tony drifted off, a look of pain washed over him as he dreaded even thinking of never seeing one of his soulmates again.

"Tony I really think now isn't a good time! I've only started my job and the workload is already unbelievable!" Eleanor retorted.

"El, please. Look, we have a massive mission in four days, all of us are going and who knows who's going to return? I've never felt more certain that I am complete than now. I just want that for everyone else... Plus it'll help to get to know your 'clients' better and I promise if you want to leave at any moment I will pick you up and fly out of there as soon as possible! I just- I don't know, you'll meet one at a time my love. It'll be easy, I promise." 

Tony looked as if he was ready to kneel and beg El to meet them, so she felt a tiny bit bad for him. This evidently meant a lot to him.

After a moment passed, Eleanor accepted that she would eventually have to meet them, so she begrudgingly agreed, much to Tony's delight.

But Eleanor made a note under Tony's file (unbeknownst to him) stating, "Very giving person, cares a lot for his mates and will go to great lengths to please them. Possible redemption for something from the past? - unsure"

--

After a long day of opening random files to find quirky things about the world's greatest heroes, El had decided to call it a night and closed her tablet, put on her jacket, and made her way to her apartment without bumping into Tony or any agents for that matter.

With a yawn creeping up on her, Eleanor unlocked her door and dropped everything at her door to slump on the overly comfy couch in her living room. Her phone buzzed in her pocket and a groan escaped her lips as the blinding light of her screen lit her face up.

Tony 💗- hope ur home well angel! i'll pick u up at 7 xx

Fuck, she forgot about that. Her lovely soulmates all waiting for her, fun! She glanced at the clock, 6:30 ticked by, which jump-started Eleanor's energy as she rushed into the bathroom to wash her face and reapply her makeup.

Moisturiser; concealer; powder; bronzer; blush; highlighter; mascara; lip gloss; in that order every day. She liked a routine. She sorted through the mountains of clothing Tony had managed to sneak into her room with her knowledge, finding a cute mini black dress that fit her perfectly and hugged all her curves. It was movable without flashing someone but shows enough to show she's not a nun. She was just like that.

7:05 was presented by the looming clock as time ticked by. She hurriedly found a pair of matching white socks and threw any pairs of shoes on and a leather jacket. Forcing a hairbrush through her slightly wavy hair, she rushed to wait for Tony.

Her anxiety was through the fucking roof but she was ready, adrenaline coursing through her veins and all. Soon, a knock came upon the door followed by Tony opening the door by himself looking like nearly exactly how she left him. A casual band tee and sweatpants that hung dangerously low, but he looked comfortable as hell.

Eleanor was for sure jealous that he could lounge about like this while she was stressing over what sort of underwear she was supposed to wear!

"Angel, you look... amazing, gorgeous, and perfect but it's supposed to be a little get-together, not a party," Tony said cautiously but clearly turned on by El's stunning appearance.

"What am I supposed to wear then Tony?" she asked, annoyed because she was quite fond of this outfit. Tony kissed her cheek softly and led her to her jungle of a bedroom.

She was sat on the bed as he sorted through the tower of clothes and he finally emerged with a cute long-sleeved top and tight short lounge set. He also chose a white lacy bra to wear underneath as the clothes were tight in some places. A pair of white fluffy socks and Uggs were also added, and then Tony left her to change.

Eleanor was quite impressed with the level of outfit-making Tony had but then again, he was a billionaire so it sorta came as a given. Her outfit now was comfortable and cute but a little sexy too as she unbuttoned the top button of her shirt to show a little skin, and the added outline of her bra was a plus as well. Tony knew her so well.

"Stunning angel..." his eyes trailed over her as a hand made its way around her waist and led her out of her apartment. His soft kisses and affirmations made her stomach flutter and her heart leap. She almost forgot who she was going to meet in two minutes. Her fucking soulmates.

FRIDAY asked Tony what floor to go to, and he casually replied the living quarters. Eleanor's nervous glances around the rather spacious box refused to meet Tony's eyes that were piercing through her soul, reading every thought that made it into her mind.

"First, you'll meet Natasha, then Capsicle and Sam, actually no- Natasha then Loki, and Wanda and Pietro after. Cap can go last, he pissed me off yesterday." Tony's mindless chatter filled the empty void that was once filled with Eleanor's anxiety.

What if they reject her? What if they decide she's not pretty enough and dump her? What if-

The elevator halted to a stop and then the doors opened.

Fuck, this is really happening.

AN: sorry for the long wait!!! have new ideas so expect chapters coming soon!!! xx comment and vote and follow me for updates on my books...