🌸

Yunho's life lost its vibrancy ever since he was diagnosed with myocardial infarction. He had lost the will to live, especially after being given roughly six months to live before the fatal disease would claim his life.

Yunho became extremely weak, especially as his condition worsened. He underwent numerous medical treatments and surgeries, but his condition continued to deteriorate day by day. There was no improvement whatsoever, as if all his efforts were in vain.

Yeosang, his lover, felt deeply saddened by Yunho's suffering. It wasn't just about seeing Yunho struggling with his illness; it was also about the limited time they had left together. Was it destined to end just like that? Couldn't they hope for a miracle? Yunho was a good person; he should deserve compassion for a longer life.

Yeosang felt like his own life was useless if he couldn't help Yunho. While he couldn't financially support Yunho, he at least had to provide mental support.

Yunho could only lie helplessly on his hospital bed, surrounded by various medical instruments. Yeosang would spend every day by his side. Well, not every moment, as Yeosang had to go to work. Still, he continued to buy everything Yunho wanted.

Even though Yunho had already resigned himself and didn't desire anything anymore, as he knew his future was limited, Yeosang tried to guess what Yunho might want. There had to be something because if time was short, there must be many things he wanted to do and experience before leaving Yeosang.

"Wow, you could just borrow it from the city library. No need to go to such lengths," Yunho whispered weakly, his voice strained even to speak. It took great effort for him to talk, and it caused more pain in his already aching chest. Yet, he never complained or mentioned it to Yeosang, fearing it would burden him. Yeosang was burdened enough worrying about Yunho's illness; there was no need to add more concerns.

Yeosang sighed and waved his hand. "Oh, it's no big deal. The price is nothing compared to my salary." Even though his wage as a laborer wasn't much. But seeing Yunho's smile, he would pay any amount.

And yes, Yeosang truly had no regrets because he could finally see that smile. Even though it was forced due to Yunho's weakness. His eyes were already dim, as if it was too heavy to open them. His lips were dry and colorless. His once sweet and cute face, now pale without the rosy hue that used to make him look adorable. The face that made Yeosang fall in love.

Yeosang didn't say that he didn't love the current Yunho. He just remembered the first time he was captivated by Yunho's appearance.

"Thank you," Yunho said amidst his weak smile. Yeosang really wanted to cry seeing him. But he tried his best to hold back his tears, not wanting to make Yunho feel guilty. Both of them were careful not to burden each other's feelings.

"Anytime!" Yeosang replied enthusiastically, returning Yunho's smile with a wide one. "Well, now that the book is here, shall I read it to you?"

Yunho nodded on his pillow in response. He watched Yeosang begin to open the book in his hands.

"Once upon a time—"

"Stop," Yunho interrupted with a chuckle. Both of them laughed together. Yunho knew the story's beginning wasn't like that. Yeosang was just being playful. Yunho wanted so much to move his body to get up and reach for Yeosang. To pinch his silly nose. But he had a heart catheterization in his thigh and an endotracheal tube in his nose, making it difficult for him to move. Not that it wasn't difficult, it just hurt. So he chuckled softly.

"If only the producers were more patient and willing to make each Harry Potter book into two films, everything could be shown in detail just like in the books. I'm really disappointed that the Black family tree was only briefly shown. Not satisfied," Yeosang complained after reading a few chapters of the book he bought.