✧ 2

Two weeks later

Taehyung revised a few notes, waiting on a bench near the tree where he liked to spend his breaks. He looked at his watch, seeing there was still time left for their final review meeting.

Jungkook showed up early, happy that he was on time. However, the other two were running late today, out of all days.

They sat in comfortable silence, enjoying the light breeze and secluded area. Jungkook wondered why there were no students at such a lovely place. He looked around to find very few people in sight.

"Not many people come here," Taehyung said, surprising the younger who looked at him, wondering if he read his mind.

"How'd you know what I was thinking?"

"I guessed it because you were looking around with big curious eyes." Taehyung closed his notes, putting them in his bag.

"Do you come here often?" Jungkook's gaze followed Taehyung's movements. The boy took out his bag's contents to rearrange and set them.

"Yeah, I like to recharge my social battery here. It's a nice spot to do work in peace." Taehyung leaned back, closing his eyes. The light breeze swayed his raven locks.

Jungkook's inner voice kept telling him to tear away his eyes but it seemed nearly impossible to look at anything when Taehyung was near him.

"You're staring," Taehyung smirked, opening his eyes. He laughed when the younger blush and look away for a second.

"How can I not? You're beautiful." Jungkook blurted out, eyes on Taehyung who stopped laughing. He was amused.

"Are you flirting with me right now?"

"What if I am?" Jungkook didn't dare move. The moment was too beautiful for him to do anything. He always wondered why all those tv dramas highlighted simple moments to be unrealistically surreal but he got it now.

"Well, you're not half bad. Guess those lovey-dovey idiots rubbed off on you."

"Was that a compliment or an insult?" Jungkook grinned, making Taehyung shrug, hiding a smile.

"However you wanna take it."

He wouldn't voice it out but spending time with Jungkook had been pleasant for him. He didn't have to have that social butterfly persona or put in effort extra effort when he was with the brunette.

"So~ would you like to grab a smoothie with me sometime?" Jungkook asked charmingly, causing Taehyung's amusement to increase.

"Are you asking me out on a date?" He asked, heart fluttering. The lovely weather and breeze just enhanced Jungkook's handsomeness, making it impossible for Taehyung to look away.

"What if I am?"

"You're smooth, Jeon," Taehyung's cheeks were tinted with a lovely shade of peach. It was not out of the ordinary for him to be asked out but there was just something about Jungkook that made him want to give in easily.

"So, um, yes or no?" Jungkook asked, not knowing if he was rejected. He tried not to sound too clingy.

"Yes. Let's do it after this project." Taehyung said with a smile so radiant that it made Jungkook's heart skip a beat. He knew it was too early to be feeling this much ecstatic but it couldn't be helped.

Turned out Bomi and Hyunjae were busy and couldn't make it to this meeting. It gave Taehyung and Jungkook to spend time together after work.

***

30. 11. 2023