✧ 5

"Do I look okay?" Jungkook asked his roommate, changing the third time. He didn't know why he was so nervous today. Maybe the fact that he'll ask Taehyung out was making him go all crazy.

"You look fine. It's not like it's your first date with him." Eunwoo rolled his eyes, sprawled on his bed, reading a magazine.

"I dunno. I feel strange today." Jungkook looked at his white button-up, deciding to change. He grabbed two more shirts and went to the bathroom to change.

"What an idiot," Eunwoo remarked, smiling to himself. It was nice to see Jungkook interested in someone and making an effort. He'd spent his freshman and sophomore years avoiding such things.

Maybe it was true that there was a set time for everything and whenever something's meant to happen, it'll happen perfectly.

"Is it okay now?" Jungkook peeked from the bathroom, contemplating if he should roll the sleeves or not.

"Yeah, this one's better. Black suits you."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Now get lost. I'm getting sick with your lovesick face." Eunwoo brushed him off, secretly happy for the guy but of course, he wouldn't express it.

"Bye. Wish me luck!"

"Go and ask your man out," Eunwoo said to himself as he heard the door close. He went back to his magazine.

_______________________

Taehyung and Jungkook went to the amusement park. It was their second time visiting it since they started going on dates. Both loved those crazy rides, adorable matching headbands, photo booths and trying out different food.

"Let's take that crazy rollercoaster twice next time," Jungkook said, making Taehyung nod eagerly.

"For sure! And that mind dizzying ark too. I wanted to go again," Taehyung said, finishing his cotton candy.

All that excited chatter about what they were gonna do next time calmed down after a while and they strolled in comfortable silence. They walked a little far from the rides and rush. Amidst getting away, Jungkook held Taehyung's hand.

"Hyung-"

"Jungkook-"

Both giggled, gesturing each other to go first. Taehyung's heart started beating fast when Jungkook looked at him. It was evident he had feelings for the senior.

The emotions in those eyes made him feel like he was on cloud nine. If this unofficial setting made him so happy then he'd be utterly ecstatic if they started dating.

Jungkook stopped near a fountain, glancing if there were many people nearby or not. To his relief, there were very few people.

"Can I ask you something?" He asked Taehyung who nodded, not knowing what to expect next. His breath hitched when Jungkook brought him closer, wrapping one arm around his waist and the other never letting go of Taehyung's hand.

Bomi was right. Taehyung could only see Jungkook. Everything else faded away. The noise from the nearby crowd faded. The gentle sound of water falling in the fountain kept getting low.

He could only gaze into those eyes which looked at him with so many feelings that his heart was close to jumping out.

Jungkook leaned even closer, their faces inches apart. Taehyung didn't dare do anything. He only waited for the younger to do whatever he planned on doing.

"Do you feel the way I do?" Jungkook whispered, eyes falling on Taehyung's lips.

"How do you feel?" Taehyung whispered back, heart thudding loudly against his chest, face getting warm.

"Are we falling in love?"

Jungkook asked the words he'd been dying to say. There was no denying the feeling was mutual but he wanted to be sure, "Say yes or no."

Taehyung's hand which was on Jungkook's shoulder slid up to his nape, bringing him closer. He kissed the brunette, that fluttery feeling intensifying.

"Does that answer your question?" Taehyung asked, pressing his forehead to Jungkook's. Both had their eyes closed, basking in the warmth of this beautiful moment.

"It does," Jungkook said, kissing Taehyung again. This time with no holding back. The moment felt magical and to think they'd reach the perfect spot to confess.

The radiant lights of the fountain just made everything more beautiful.

The two looked at each other, unable to hide those smitten smiles and that beautiful glow.

"Your lips taste so sweet. Can we kiss again?" Jungkook asked, not getting enough of Taehyung. He was about to lean in again but Taehyung stopped him.

"Wait. I have to ask you something too." Taehyung rummaged inside his bag, taking out the gift he got Jungkook, "Will you be my boyfriend?" Taehyung asked, giving him the small box.

"Hyung . . ." Jungkook was in awe. He opened the box to find a bracelet inside. It had their initials with a heart in between, "This is beautiful. Thank you so much."

"Is that a yes or no?"

"Of course, it's a yes- you beat me to it. I was about to ask you the same thing." Jungkook let Taehyung help him wear the bracelet. He smiled at it, feeling fuzzy.

"But you were so into kissing me that you forgot," Taehyung grinned cheekily when Jungkook hugged him, placing a soft kiss on his cheek.

"You got that right. Now that we're official- can I have my kiss?" Jungkook saw Taehyung nodding, bringing him in for another kiss.

With a happy radiant glow on their faces, the two decided to call it a day. Who knew a group project would bring them closer. It was as if they were meant to feel that rush after spending some time together.

***

Are you feeling the rush,
if so then I think I know what's going on
Are we falling in love? say yes or no
yes or no, yes or no
Are you thinking about us, if so, then I think I know what's going on
Are we falling in love? Say yes or no
yes or no, yes or no
Something about you,
do you feel the way I do
There's magic in the room,
tell me what you're gonna do?

- Jungkook

***

Did you like it? ♡

This dude got me feeling like I'm in love with just one song and then proceeded to leave for military😭

Thank you for being here, I appreciate you!

Follow me,
Radiant-Taekook
Radiant-Vkook
for more Taekook fanfics!

3. 12. 2023