September and October flew by, me and Ron still had not talked since our last conversation other than small curious glances in the hallway. Today was Halloween, and I was on my way to the Great Hall for the feast.

I sat down in my usual seat at the Slytherin table, next to Draco and across from Pansy, Crabbe, and Goyle. I ate silently because I didn't feel like talking. My thoughts were interrupted when a voice yelled, "T-TROLL! TROLL IN THE DUNGEON!" It was coming from Professor Quirrel, our Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. I watched as he fell to the ground in between the middle two tables. I probably should be panicking, but this was the most exciting thing at school since the Quidditch game against Gryffindor. I got up with the rest of my classmates and started to follow the prefect when I saw Ron and Harry sneaking off from their house. I obviously had no choice but to leave my group and stop them because I'd rather my twin not die from hunting down the troll. I eventually caught up to them, they were heading to the... girls bathroom?

"Why are you going to the girls bathroom?" I asked them and they jumped.

"Anna?! What are you doing here?!" Ron asked, but kept walking.

"I'm trying to stop you from doing anything stupid." I paused and then added, "Why aren't you answering my question?"

"Hermione is in the girls bathroom! She won't know about the troll!" Harry said, interrupting Ron.

We turned the corner and saw the troll entering the door to the girls bathroom.

"Welp she's dead, better go." I said, they turned and glared at me. "I'm jokinggg."

"Haha very funny, you coming?" Ron asked.

"Eh why not, better than going back to the dungeons."

We walked into the girls bathroom and saw the troll bashing the stalls, Hermione was in the end stall and she was clearly frightened, from her whimpers and cries that echoed throughout the room.

"Do you guys happen to have a plan?" I asked.

"Er. No." Ron answered.

"Bloody hell, do you know any defensive spells at least?"

"Nope, just wingardium leviosa," Harry said.

"Idiots," I mumbled. "HEY TROLL!" I yelled stupidly, getting the trolls full attention. "You deal with the troll, I'll get Granger."

"What? No! ANNA!" Ron yelled, but I was already past the troll and headed for the end stall.

I peered into the end stall and saw Hermione's puffy hair with bits of debris knotted inside. "You alright?" I asked her. She only nodded. I reached out my arm and picked her up off the ground. "Come on, let's go make sure Harry and Ron aren't dead." We walked back to where the troll was flinging Harry in circles and Ron was trying to figure out what to do. "Stupefy!" I casted and watched as the troll went into a daze, but still aware of his surroundings and lazily swung Harry in circles. "RONALD GET THE BAT OUT OF HIS HAND!"

"Wingardium Leviosa!" The bat levitated out of his hand and, confused, dropped Harry. Ron brought the bat down on top of the troll's head and miraculously, it knocked out the troll causing it to fall to the ground. At that moment, Professor McGonagall, Snape, and Quirrel walked into the room with a slam of the door.

Snape bent over the troll. Professor McGonagall was looking at all four of us. "What on earth were you thinking of?" said Professor McGonagall, with cold fury in her voice. "You're lucky you weren't killed. Why aren't you in your dormitory?"

Snape gave me a swift, confused look. I looked at the floor. Then a small voice came out of the shadows. "Please, Professor McGonagall -- they were looking for me."

"Miss Granger!"

"I went looking for the troll because I -- I thought I could deal with it on my own -- you know, because I've read all about them." I think she was lying, but I wouldn't know because Ron never told me the reason she was in the bathroom. "If they hadn't found me, I'd be dead now. Anna stunned the troll and Ron dropped the troll's own bat on its head. They didn't have time to come and fetch anyone. It was about to finish me off when they arrived."

"Well -- in that case..." said Professor McGonagall, staring at the three of them, "Miss Granger, you foolish girl, how could you think of tackling a mountain troll on your own?" She looked down at the ground. "Miss Granger, five points will be taken from Gryffindor for this," said Professor McGonagall. "I'm very disappointed in you. If you're not hurt at all, you'd better get off to Gryffindor tower. Students are finishing the feast in their houses." Hermione left.

Professor McGonagall turned to me, Harry, and Ron. "Well, I still say you were lucky, but not many first years could have taken on a full-grown mountain troll. Mr. Weasley and Mr. Potter, you can each have five points to Gryffindor, Ms. Weasley, five points to Slytherin. Professor Dumbledore will be informed of this. You may go."

We hurried out of the chamber, in our short time together before we had to part ways, I asked them, "Why was Granger in the bathroom anyways?" They shuffled uncomfortably. "Oh don't tell me you two had something to do with it!" They looked at each other, confirming my suspicions. I looked at Harry. "Knowing my brother, it was probably mostly him. So? What did you say that made her hide in the bathroom?"

"I, er, called her a nightmare and said no wonder she hasn't got any friends..."

"Bloody hell, Ronald," I shook my head in disbelief. "I would think mum would have raised you better."

"Well, she really doesn't have any friends," I glared at him "and she's an insufferable know-it-all."

"Sounds like you're a bit jealous," I turned to Harry. "You know, you're not as bad as I thought you'd be. Thought you'd be like one of those famous arrogant wizards, like Gilderoy Lockhart."

"Thank you?" he replied, confused.

"Anyways, bye Ronald. If you owl mum about this and she somehow doesn't know of my involvement, please don't mention me at all, we're still on bad terms and I haven't replied to her owl she sent at the start of term." He nodded and I turned towards the dungeons.