→ The Weavers

At the beginning, there was nothing

At the beginning, there was nothing. The world was dark and the time was still. In that darkness first came the Endless, cosmic forces that wreaked havoc everywhere. Every light that sparkled in the dark was an Endless devouring another. They were the first ones to exist on the plane that began nowhere, went nowhere and ended nowhere.

In the world we now know, some say any ordinary man would lose their mind upon encountering the Endless. They had no lucid form, but they lingered everywhere, and they could play with one's mind beyond the bounds of sanity.

Then came the Weavers, their existence a mystery. They were not part of the Endless who knew only destruction. Cosmos the Weaver was the first, or perhaps Halo. No one had lived long enough to know. Therefore, as history suggested, Cosmos and Halo came to be together, side by side, as they battled the darkness for millennials until the Endless drifted too far to find their way back.

It was Cosmos who created the Old World with decaying bodies of the Endless—a dead land that awaited new life. The land was empty but the possibilities were immeasurable. The land was vast but with no form of her own, Cosmos could never feel the land at her feet.

With time, Cosmos made eleven creatures with somatic form, like any ordinary man when the word man did not exist, with parts of herself, which granted them a fraction of her power. The world came to know them as the Primordials.

While Cosmos became the universe herself, more Weavers emerged. Many would not agree that the ones who came after were stronger than Halo and Cosmos combined, but only the enlightened believed nothing could defeat Fate. And with Destiny and Soul following behind, even Halo and Cosmos would have to bow one day.

Fate, Destiny and Soul, sisters born from the same decaying Endless as their superiors, never understood what they were capable of or why they were made by whatever force that lay in the darkness until...

Halo filled the land with his own creation: creatures that looked like man, but not as what the world would know as man. Their heads touched the clouds, their hands fisted the mountains, and the whole world trembled at their steps. Giants were what they were named later in the books, but they were just creatures Halo had designed to mock Cosmos's invention.

Although, his creation had earned their place, they could never be as powerful as the Primordials, so Halo went on and made the Eldritch. Designed from parts of him and the Endless, their powers were twice that of the Primordials. It was a game he was desperate to win.

However... while the world thrived with Cosmos's powers, chaos spread everywhere due to Halo's. The Dark Ages had known him as Halo the Weaver, but the world of man calls him Chaos. It did not need any description, because he was utterly that. Chaos. Inside and out.

And even though Halo loved Cosmos, his greed for power and to be seen had turned him blind. Cosmos knew there would come a day when Halo would turn the world around to prove himself worthy of being called the only supreme. Therefore, she warned the Primordials to prepare for such day.

His creations would become his biggest aid, because no matter how many pages turned, eldritch loyalty would remain at the feet of Halo, their father, and he would wield it one day or another.

"How would he do it?" One of the Primordials had asked the formless Cosmos.

"He shall come in the form of your greatest creation, shall ruin the world with darkness, shall birth new realms and end old ones," Cosmos had told them. "And remember, a Weaver cannot be killed, nor has anyone ever tried, but I do not say we cannot die. We must cease to exist in the world or any other."

It was a riddle the Primordials never understood, but always remembered.

Little did they know they were not Cosmos's words but Fate's. Fate had dictated Halo's death more than a thousand millennials ago. It was not until the Primordials were defeated that Cosmos felt the true definition of fear. No one could escape Fate. Not even the Supremes.

Thus, Cosmos became the Weaver of worlds, Halo became the Weaver of chaos, Fate became the Weaver of foredoom, Destiny became the Weaver of assortment, and Soul became the Weaver of quintessence, and their names were forever etched in the books of the Scribe.