III.

New Orleans, Louisiana5 days after incident

5 days after incident

Upbeat music played while the twelve middle schoolers did the choreography. Winnie sat against the mirror, watching every student carefully. They had a competition coming up next week and she wanted to make sure everyone had the choreography down. Though they had enough time, Winnie was a perfectionist when it came to dancing for reasons that were self-explanatory. There was a specific dance team they always were in competition with and she wished for the day she beats them.

The Starlight Wonders.

A hip hop dance team as well that beat the hell out of Winnie's children each time they went against one another. It was annoying and frustrating but Winnie had to keep her cool for her students. However, winning second and third place every time would eventually get to someone. Which is why Winnie was trying her best to assure her and her team were on point. She started snapping her fingers to the beat in order to get a few students on board. She nodded her head when they got it. Everyone in sync again.

"Good job, everyone," she complimented. She would usually walk around to help assist but her body was telling to stay seated. The end of the song came and everyone finished their last dance move then strike a pose. Winnie instantly started clapping her hands excitedly for all of them.

"Y'all were good but I need more sharpness from a few of y'all. There's some moves a lot of you are struggling to hit, so we need to practice them," she informed them, they all nodded their heads.

"I have a question though." Student, Tatiana, said with a hand raise. Winnie nodded her head allowing her to proceed.

"When we get to the part where Nick is lifting Olivia, where is Bobbi and I at again?" Tatiana asked.

"You and Bobbi are..." Winnie dragged out, thinking of the dance moves in her head. She moved her head from side to side while she did the choreography in her head. She was coming up with blanks right now on the spot.

"Let me get back to you with that, Tatiana." She told her, Tatiana nodding her head.

"Can we go over it one more time?" Saundra asked.

"Of course, and we can answer Tatiana's question as well when we do. Take a couple of minutes and drink some water before we do it again," Winnie answered.

Giving them permission to take a break, a few students got something to drink while others redid the dance in a group together. Everyone was preoccupied allowing Winnie to have a quick moment to herself. She took a deep breath before gaining enough strength to stand to her feet. With her hands on her hips, she leaned back a bit and stretched. Her body has been aching for the past couple of days.