XXII

New Orleans, Louisiana38 days after incident

38 days after incident

"I'm glad we're able to meet finally, Mr. Harding," Reuben got right to business. He pulled out his notepad and a fancy ball pen to write with. He was in town for the week for many business acquires, Ke'Ann being one of them.

They were finally going to talk about his Joy situation that Ke'Ann wanted to end as soon as possible. He hasn't been on social media, so he was unaware of what was going on. But after his meetup with Joy in New Jersey, she ended up leaking photos of them all throughout the platforms. It had the internet buzzing with think pieces all over again. Ke'Ann missed it and just this morning he logged back into his account to see what was up. He regretted it. He had thousands of mentions from blogs and regular people accounts.

It was chaotic and overwhelming that he ended up logging right back out and deleted the apps off his phone completely. Officially, he was done with all social media. Even if it was important for him to have them as a football player. The only reason he'll go back is if he gets a manager for the account. So far, he wasn't trusting anyone to have control of it, so not having any was the better option for right now.

"I'm glad too. How are we looking?" Ke'Ann asked, peeking over at the folder beside Reuben.

He was anxious to have this meeting since he didn't know what to expect out of it. Reuben had talked a good game over the phone and Ke'Ann was all for it. But he worried that what was spoken over call wouldn't reciprocate in their meeting. His cousin already fucked him over. He was expecting it again even from a professional.

"Before I go into all of that, I'd like for us to discuss the incident in full details," Reuben informed him.

"Why?"

"Treat me as an officer," Reuben began. "if you tell me everything ahead of time, I wouldn't be caught off guard when it is spoken by the other party. Got it?" He asked.

Ke'Ann nodded, understanding. "Yeah, I got it. But I really don't wanna talk about it," he explained. He was embarrassed and that's why he didn't want to speak on it. He figured it'll make him look even worse than he already did, and possibly have Reuben taking back his help.

"I get it, Ke'Ann. You're embarrassed and don't want to be judged. That's reasonable. However, I'm not here to judge anyone for anything. I'm here to offer my help so you and your family can move forward. Isn't that what you want?" Reuben asked, being sympathetic with Ke'Ann and his worrying.

Ke'Ann nodded again in agreement. "Yeah, I guess. You want full details?"

"Full."