-- 3 --

I try to continue life as per usual, but it is hard. Knowing that someone is stalking my family, and has been in my family, it makes me feel sick. Jasper tries to calm me, but his powers do nothing. The visitor  has returned to our house multiple times but has always left before I can tell who it is. It is infuriating.

Today is Jaspers day off, and we are planning to spend it cuddled on the couch watching movies. The scent of Cologne wafts through my nose and it fuzzes my brain. It is a scent that I adored as a human and love as a Vampire. It is truly a breathtaking scent. The deepness of his voice, the muscles on his arms and the scars that cover his back, all make me fall harder and deeper in love with Jasper Whitlock.

I am pulled out of my thoughts by two soft, plump lips touching mine. I smile as I return the kiss, letting his scent take over my body. But unfortunately, my mate brings me emotions that I do not want to feel at this stage. Lust. The undying need and want for sex. I can feel Jasper softly injecting lust into me with his power. But just to annoy him, I put up my shield, protecting myself from his manly needs. "Don't be like that babe," Jasper growls, hungrily nibbling at the sweet spot on my neck. I moan quietly, before changing positions so I am on top of Jasper on the couch.

"Don't be like what?" I whisper innocently, placing my lips back to his, grinding my lower region against his. Jasper groans, instantly hardening. "Do you like this?" I ask as I rock my hips harder and faster against his groin.

"Touch me," Jasper groans, his eyes fluttering shut in lust. I smirk as I run my hands up and down his toned stomach. The unfamiliar scent blows through the room and I jump off Jasper, eyes darting around the room. "What's wrong baby?" Jasper says before catching the scent. He crouches in front of me protectively, growling quietly.

"I mean no harm," a soprano voice fills the room. "I am just here to talk." My eyes fall on the owner of the voice. It is a lady, no older than 30, with long brown hair and blood red eyes. I instantly tense at the vampire before me.

"Who are you and what do you want?" Jasper growls.

"I am here to talk to you," she smiles sweetly. "My name is Elizabeth."

"I am afraid that we have nothing for you Elizabeth," I say. "I think it would be best if you left."

"I don't think that would be best," Elizabeth says. "I have been told by one of my friends that you were involved in my sons death." My eyebrows raise slightly as I try to think who her son might be.

"I am very sorry about the death of your son," Jasper says standing up. "But I am afraid that we do not know anything about your sons death."

"I know you do," she yells. "You worked with the Volturi."

"We did," I say. "But that doesn't mean we had anything to do with his death."

"I know you killed him." Her eyes flash with anger. "I know you killed Edward." I gasp quietly, and I can feel the shock flowing from Jaspers body.

"Edward?" I gasp.

"Edward Masen," she says. "Or commonly known as Edward Cullen."

"It's impossible," I mutter. "He told me his mother died in 1918 by influenza."

"He thought I died. Carlisle turned me too, but I was disgusted by what I had turned into so I hid from my son. I have been searching for him for years, and I was told that the Volturi killed him and that you both were close to him," Elizabeth says.

"Edward disobeyed the law," Jasper says, looking at the ground. "He suffered the consequences."

"I am here to grieve over my son... And to avenge him."