One Year Later

Harry and The Doctor were sat in the TARDIS, with the Doctor teaching Harry the protego spell. Harry though for a moment as they paused for a break. The Doctor glanced over to him and seemingly could tell something was on Potters mind.

"Everything okay?" The Doctor asked as Harry paused for a moment.

"Doctor, there's something I keep meaning to ask you." Harry said as The Doctor looked at him.

"Ask away." The Doctor said as he looked at Potter.

"Is... Is Hermione a witch?" Harry asked as the Doctor paused for a moment.

"Um... why... what's given you that idea?" The Doctor asked as he looked at Harry.

"Every time I'm near her I can feel something, like the air is coming alive." Harry asked as The Doctor thought.

"Ah, well, that's um, that sort of thing is to be expected around your age, it's fairly common." The Doctor said as Harry shook his head.

"No Doctor, I can feel the magic coming off of her, like I can feel small tremors in your magic whenever you cast a spell." Harry asked as The Doctor paused for a moment before speaking.

"I don't know, but even if I did, would it matter? Magic or not, she's your friend isn't she?" The Doctor asked as he looked to Harry.

"Yes, but if I have to go to Hogwarts and she's not magic, I'll never see her again." Harry said as The Doctor sighed.

"I... I don't know Harry." The Doctor lied before looking to Harry. "I'm sorry."

Harry nodded.

"Now then, back to training." The Doctor said as he started using light duelling spells against Harry who had to try and deflect the spells with Protego.

The Next day, the Doctor and Harry were at school, with the Doctor teaching class.

The Doctor had noticed Harry and Hermione becoming good friends over the past six or so months and he had noticed Harry's mood increasing, like the pains of life with the Dursleys were finally gone. Currently The Doctor was in the middle of teaching physics to Harry's class, going over how to calculate gravity when the class heard loud bell chimes. Harry looked at the Doctor with concern, especially when Hermione spoke.

"What was that?" Hermione asked as The Doctor spoke quickly.

"My phone, I leave it in the stock cupboard during lessons." The Doctor lied quickly before Harry breathed a sigh of relief.

The bell for the end of the day went off and the class was dismissed. Harry accompanied Hermione to the school gates, she stopped at turned to look at Harry, hugging him tightly before breaking the hug.

"This might be the last time we ever see one another Harry, I'm, I'm moving to a new school, a boarding school." Hermione said as she shed a small tear while Harry looked shocked. "And I just, I suppose I want to say... thank you, for being my only friend."

Harry hugged Hermione and held her tight.

"Thank you for having me as your friend. And don't worry, I'm sure we'll meet again some day." Harry said as he smiled at her. "Do me a favour, when you get there... make sure you read every book in the library if it has one."

Hermione smiled before leaving, with Harry standing there at the gates, giving a solemn wave to Hermione as she left.

The Doctor meanwhile was in the TARDIS, looking at a pair of envelopes, with one being addressed to him, and the other being addressed to Harry. The TARDIS doors opened and Harry walked in.

"Where are we going?" Harry asked gleefully as the Doctor looked to him before handing him the letter addressed to Harry.

"How would anyone know I'm here?" Harry asked as The Doctor looked at him and smirked.

"That old man never misses a trick." The Doctor said as he he smiled. "You're going to want to read that."

"Dear Mr Potter, 

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.
Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall,
Deputy Headmistress."

Harry smiled from ear to ear as the Doctor smiled

"So what do we do?"

"Well, we need to get your school supplies, and for that, we're going to need to take a trip, to Diagon Alley." The Doctor said with a smirk before pushing a lever, with the engines of the TARDIS coming to life.

"Hermione's going as well." Harry said as The Doctor smiled.

"Looks like you were right." The Doctor said as he tucked his own letter into his inside pocket,  thinking to himself about it as he looked at Harry who was positively beaming with joy. He thought for a moment before speaking to himself in a quiet voice. "Lily... James... I'll keep him safe, I promise."

As Harry sat in a chair reading the letter over and over again, The Doctor summoned a book and made it hover in front of him while he toyed with the TARDIS controls to fly the TARDIS to Diagon Alley...