Family

Currently, there are no tasks given by the system. The tasks will start after the real apocalypse strikes and a meteorite hits Earth. The doorbell rang and Valdis knew it should be her family. Her family had arrived and she helped them with their luggage. Her mother was carrying heavy luggage while her father and little brother followed behind with light bags in their hands. It was lucky that their family did not have a habit of keeping full-time servants and lesser the people safer it was. Valdis's face turned gentle upon seeing them and a smile made its way onto her face.

When everyone entered she saw her father looking at Aron and checking him out while Aron stood there like a demure and shy son-in-law waiting for the judgment. 

Her father asked her with his eyes who he and Valdis introduced her to her family," Father, mother this is Aron he is my friend and also a subordinate." Then she introduced her father, mother, and brother to Aron. Her Mother Veronica was a dignified lady with a cold demeanor who had an aura of the person in power. Her father Leon was a virtuous husband and a gentle and caring father. Even though he looked like a weak man he was very strong and he could handle things very well. Her father came from a scholarly family and was well-versed in handling family affairs. Most of the time small decisions were taken by him and her mother listened to him only for major decisions or business-related matters her mother as the head of the family would make decisions. As for her brother, he was Tom girlish but he was very handsome just like how girls nowadays prefer their boys. Her brother's name is Victor and he is very popular in his school with his soft and demure face. But such people are not easy to survive in the apocalypse. 

Although equality between women and men is discussed it is not so easy to achieve equality centuries after matriarchy. The customs and social exchanges followed are still based on matriarchal customs like it will be man marrying into a woman's family. Men were the weaker section of the society so they would get some conveniences from others during peaceful times but not in end times where people would think about their survival first. And top positions were already dominated by women since they had the first opportunity. Since birth it was taught to men to be gentle and virtuous, they know they are going to be someone else's husband in the future. If ever any dispute happens society will be more cruel to men rather than women even if a woman cheated it will be said that the man was not able to serve his wife properly so he deserved it.

After the end of the World comes it is going to be the norm that men will become women's plaything willingly or unwillingly.it is because of how they are brought up by their parents and society. They are weaker in strength inherently and will not be able to kill zombies and once they start relying on women they will get weaker and weaker. They are used to seeking protection from birth so they are already at a disadvantage in this situation. Valdis sighed mentally but she knew she could not change the whole world. It was men who had to work hard for themselves and she did not know how many of them would survive. Women had better chances to survive in this world than men since it would be a society based on strength instead of the peaceful society of before. 

She decided to work hard to keep her father and brother safe. She will not allow any danger to fall on her family. She will become an overlord and keep her family, friends, and subordinates safe. She cannot say that she will save the world but she can contribute her best to make a haven for the people in this world.

Her mother looked up at her and asked, "Subordinate?" Valdis did not wear her Supreme Commander uniform today since she wanted to let her parents know about her position first and give them some time to adjust but Aron only had two sets of uniform and one set of casual clothes given by the system and while on duty he had a habit of wearing a uniform so he was wearing it. Valdis understood her mother's question and nodded seriously and said, "Mother I am part of the military who do work incognito. It is an organization that directly follows the order of the top. We are not known by other military or state officials but follow the instructions of the top. I am in a good position and I cannot disclose much but our organization is very powerful and currently, we are gathering here so that we can find out the reason behind this apocalypse and keep the talents of the country safe." Her Mother looked at her for a while and then nodded. 

Though her mother was a businesswoman she was also patriotic. So she was very proud of her daughter who was in such a position and she stopped asking questions since she knew it was confidential. It was not that she did not doubt such an absurd thing but there was no way to confirm it and she believed that her daughter would not lie to her about such a serious matter at such a crucial time. Valdis knew she was not telling the truth but she was not completely lying. They were following the orders directly from the "top" which was the Supreme Commander herself. And they were not affiliated with any military so those people would not be aware of them. And it was out of all question to tell her parents and brother about such a system it was for both her and their safety. She planned on telling her mother after some time when the apocalypse came and she had a certain stronghold as for her father and brother she would leave this decision to her mother but till then this reason was workable.

Then Valdis arranged them in her house and asked them to rest. She called her friends and told them about her parent's arrival and said she would be back after lunch. Aron went to the kitchen to cook breakfast for her parents. Since they had left early in the morning they did not have breakfast. After breakfast was ready her parents came out of their room and sat on the dining table while her brother and Aron served the food. She could see that her brother was walking around Aron like a little tail and he admired him. She did not know what they had talked about in the kitchen in such a short time while making breakfast that her brother became a fanboy of him.

Her parents also looked a lot more relaxed after they came out it looked like they had a good talk in the room and they had sorted out the things which they had on their minds and now they were feeling relaxed. Valdis was also happy seeing this warm and cheerful scene. Then she ate breakfast again together with her family and Aron. After that, she was called by her mother in the study and her mother told her about the jewelry and valuables she bought with her. Valdis asked her mother to store all the antiques, precious paintings, and diamonds but took some silver and gold which was around 1 kilogram of gold and 10 kilograms of silver. Then she told her mother that they are collecting all kinds of metals that will be used in the future for production and will be valuable. Then she also told her tentatively about the upcoming apocalypse and asked her to be careful and especially be wary of other people.

After discussing all this with her mother it was almost time for lunch and they both went out to have lunch. On the table during lunch, her father was full of praise for Aron telling her how good he was at cooking, and how careful he was, and asking him to learn things from her brother. He also added that he was very virtuous and a perfect husband whoever brought him home would be very lucky. When the topic came to this part Valdis felt helpless since she knew what her father was pointing at. She was still very young and was still studying but her father was always worried about her finding a husband. The main reason was she did not even have a boyfriend while both her friends already had one. He will always consciously or unconsciously try to match her with other people. Valdis just nodded agreeing to his words and continued eating the lunch. It was after a long time that she ate the food cooked by her father since she was living in a dormitory. Even though her father tried to match her many times his hand never stopped adding dishes to her plate. She felt this warm scene and decided that she would protect it even during the apocalypse. After completing her lunch she bade farewell to her family and asked them to stay in the house and not to allow anyone else to enter. She also told them that she had stored some supplies for three of them in her room and they could use it if any emergency came. Then she left for her dormitory with Aron.