chapter 1

I slowly walked into the classroom with my books in hand, looking at the floor as I didn't want to be noticed by the students, scared what their view on me would be.

They would probably laugh at me. I am a ordinary girl, there is nothing really special about me. At my other school, I had no friends, which is why I moved, thinking some friends would just magically appear out of nowhere. But maybe... it could-

"NAGISA!"

The teacher suddenly shouted my name. I perked my head up, realizing I was still in front of the class with my books in hand, yet to introduce myself.

"A-ah! Yeah, um sorry.."

I cleared my throat, regaining my posture. I felt like I was going to go into a panic attack of how many students they were. What if they laughed at me? Talked about me? Bullied me? Having all these thoughts in mind.. I did my introduction.

"U-um.. hello! My name is Nagisa! .."

I could hear a few students laughing.

One said,

"Nagisa? What kind of name is that? Pfft.."

And another one said,

"She looks so weak."

I could feel my eyes watering, but I still continued my introduction because I knew they would laugh at me more if I stood silent and took what they said to heart.

"I'm 14.. my hobbies are editing and drawing..! My favorite color is purple, and I.. love meeting new friends!"

New? As if I ever had any in the first place..

I bowed.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all..!!"

As soon as I finished my introduction, the whole class started laughing.

I felt like I was going to cry, but then I heard one student clapping for me.

She walked to where I was and said,

"You guys are a bunch of losers! Seriously, we haven't had an actual interesting new student in years, and this is how you all act?"

Everyone in class started laughing even more.

"Interesting? She's so boring! Look at the way she looks!"

One snickered.

"And the way she talks!"

One started chuckling.

The girl frowned.

"You all better shut the fuck up before I break your spine with a fucking desk."

The teacher approached her.

"Language, Shisa!"

I looked at her.

"Shisa..? That's your name..?

Shisa: "Mhm!"

"That's.. a pretty name.."

I smiled, looking at the ground again.

I haven't really talked to anyone, .. I mean I did.. but that was only for projects or if I was required to speak. I never actually approached someone and actually talked to them. Why? Because I was nervous. And I was also scared I would mess everything up or they would find me weird.. or not like me anymore. So talking to her really made me sweat, I'll be honest, haha..

Shisa: "Awww, you're so sweet! What a cutie.."

"U-uhmm.. thank you.."

I smiled, nervously, not really used to compliments.

Shisa: "Say, wanna be friends?"

I turned around, thinking she was talking to someone else, then turned back around and pointed at myself.

"M-me..?"

Shisa: "Pfft.. of course you, silly! Who else?"

"W-well then um..."

My heart was beating rapidly. I've been waiting for this experience my whole life. Everytime I read those manga's and books, this experience always happened to them, and I remember I used to be so jealous of them. But.. it's finally happening to me! I was smiling a lot, and then finally managed to say my answer.

"Y-yes.. of course!"

She grinned even more, and took out her phone.

"..?"

I was confused, why would she just randomly take out her phone like that? Then I realized she went to her contacts.. oh!

Shisa: "Here!"

She handed me her phone.

Shisa: "Put your number in."

Woah, just like that? I hesitantly took her phone, holding it very carefully, not wanting to drop it or damage it or leave any kind of marks on it. I was a very cautious person if you couldn't tell. Anyway, once I got her phone, I typed my number in and handed it back to her.

"D-done..!"

I said with a still nervous smile.

Shisa: "Great! I'll text you after school~"

She winked at me, and went to go sit back in her seat.

The teacher suddenly approached me, and told me where my seat was. Of course it wasn't next to Shisa, I guess the teacher didn't want me to get distracted and Shisa was a really talkative person. The teacher instead sat me next to this black haired boy. He dressed really professionally, and while the teacher was walking me to my seat, I could see his notes were really organized and his books were placed in a neat manner.

He turned to me, and I quickly turned my head to the board, acting like I wasn't just analyzing him and his things a moment ago.

"Hey,"

He said. 

I could feel his eyes staring directly at me, and I was sweating a little.

"Y-yes?"

I said, while still looking at the board.

I can't keep eye contact.

"Look at me."

When he said those words, I slowly looked at him nervously, looking at him and then the ground.

"Y-yes..?"

He placed a note on my desk.

I was kind of scared to open it, because when someone gave me a note, it meant 2 things.

1, they were making fun of me.

or 2, they were saying they liked me which I only found out was a lie in the end because someone dared them to do it.

So.. yeah. I was nervous.

When I finally got the courage to open it, it said,

"Hey, you seem pretty cool. Meet me after class."

I couldn't help but analyze the handwriting, because it was so neat and was on every line perfectly.

I looked at him for a second, nodded, and gave the note back to him shyly.

I couldn't really see his face after that, since I was looking somewhere else, but a slight "yes!" came out of his mouth, and he was smiling a lot.

Hm... he seems interesting. I think.. I'll like him.

CHAPTER 1 END!