chapter 2

Soon class was over, and the boy winked at me, telling me it was time.

I slowly packed up my things and put them in my bag, then met him outside.

"U-um.. hi."

I bowed, being polite as always.

When I was bowing, I could see a gun and a knife in his pocket. I was about to step away, but scared he might do anything to me if I showed any type of fear, so I pretended to be okay and not see it.

"I-it's nice to meet you.. sir."

Tomo: "Sir? Oh, please."

He smirked at me, bowing as well, while looking up at me.

Tomo: "Call me Tomo."

"T-tomo..? That's a nice name, sir..!"

Tomo frowned a little, while regaining his posture.

"I-i-i mean.. s- Tomo..! Sorry, it's an habit.."

I scratched the back of my head nervously, sweating a little. He probably thinks I'm weird now.. I shouldn't have said that.. I should have remembered his name and-

Tomo: "It's alright, Nagisa. We all make mistakes, don't we?"

He put his hands on my shoulder. I looked at his hand, I could see two yellow rings on his thumb and pinky.

Tomo: "Don't worry. Also, you shouldn't really apologize too much."

He took his hand off his shoulder and packed up his things.

Tomo: "Have you been through a rough childhood?"

"..?"

That's the first time anyone has ever asked me that question. Have I been through a rough childhood? I'm not even sure myself. Sure, a lot of kids bullied me in elementary.. but that was considered normal back then, wasn't it-"

Tomo: "I'm assuming yes."

He put his bag on.

"W-wait! No..s-Tomo! I haven't! Really! I was thinking about.... uhh... shisa! Yeah, shisa! How she's such an amazing person! And how she defended m-"

His face suddenly changed rapidly. It's like he was a whole different person.

"U-um, Tomo..? Are you.. oka-"

I don't know if I was just hearing things, but I could slightly hear him mumble,

Tomo: "It's always Chisa."

"..?"

Tomo: "...."

He was silent for a long amount of time, then started to grin again.

Tomo: "Of course I'm alright! It's just.. I'm really worried about you, y'know? You flinched when I touched your shoulder."

". . ."

He noticed that?

I was about to speak, but was interrupted by the bell. Phew, just in time..

"I-um- I gotta go!"

I was walking off, when he suddenly appeared in front of me.

Tomo: "Hey. Isn't it your first day here? Don't you need someone to give you a tour?"

Never decline anyone's offer. That was one rule of the 100 rules they taught me. If I declined a offer, that person would probably find me disrespectful, so that's why I say yes to anything even if it hurts me. Physically or mentally.

"U-um.. sure!"

He put his hands together in a satisfied manner.

Tomo: "Great! Follow me then."