13

"i still cant get over how cool your apartment is." Jacks says to me as he sits down at the island counter.

"just wait until i have my own house with freedom to paint the walls." i say, leaning against the counter.

"you want a house, just to paint the wall?" he questions.

"duh, why else would i want a house."

"uh, i don't know, maybe to live in it?" he says sarcastically.

"well obviously i would want to live in it, just after i paint it."

"ill add that to my mental note of weird shit you do." he jokes.

"should that offend me?"

"that depends, are you offended?"

"a little bit." i joke.

"then yeah." he says, picking up his phone to check the time.

"let me guess, you have to leave because you have early practice and a flight tomorrow?" i ask.

"woah, how did you know you stalker." he laughs.

"just had a feeling."

"i should be back Friday night, we should do something then." he says, getting up.

"is this your way of asking me on a second date?" i ask as we walk towards the door.

"if you say yes, then it would be. if you say no then i would have to gaslight you into thinking i never said anything." he smiles, following me.

"well, in that case, yes. we could definitely do something when you get back."

"great, because i'm not that good at gaslighting."

"i'm choosing to believe that because your one if the nicer hockey players i've met." i admit with a small laugh, before opening the door.

"oh, how flattering." he jokes before stepping out into the hallway. "see you in three days." he says.

"see you in three days." i repeat