A Change Of Heart

Cait Shelter Guild
Geto Pov

I've returned to the guild to continue my goal from before I encountered Wendy and Carla. I hope they are doing okay; that girl was different than most people, and that's not a bad thing.

Geto: "I remember that, before, this place looked lively from a distance, but now it's like a ghost town. I can still sense cursed magic around here."

As I walk, I begin to notice someone's presence.

Geto: "Come on out; I know you're there."
???: "Who would've thought, after all these years, another traveler would make their way here and also notice my presence."

Out of the shadows emerges a slim elderly man with a long white beard, complete with a mustache that extends up the sides of his face."

Geto: "Who are you, old-timer, and where is everyone?"Roubaul: "My name is Roubaul, and everyone left this village a long time ago

Roubaul: "My name is Roubaul, and everyone left this village a long time ago. I advise you to leave as well."
Geto: "I could very well leave, but I can tell you're not telling the truth. I was on the outskirts of this place before, and I saw people around. Now I see nobody here, and then there's the cursed magic around this place I sense. When I look closely, a lot of it is coming from you."
Roubaul: "......."
Geto: "So I'll ask again before this gets violent: Where are the people of this place, and where is the guild?"

Roubaul sighs loudly.

Roubaul: "I am the master of Cait Shelter."
Geto: "What!"
Roubaul: "If you're here to bring harm to my guild, I won't go down without a fight."
Geto: "Wendy's master is a foolish old man."
Roubaul: "Did you say Wendy?"
Geto: "Yes, a little girl and her cat from your guild were leaving and were to be late to where they had to be, and I helped them out."

Roubaul lowers his guard and smiles.

Roubaul: "Why didn't you say you were friends with Wendy."
Geto: "I wouldn't say friends...
Roubaul: "Nonsense if that girl trusted you then I know I can. So to start to answer some of your questions I wasn't lying when I said the people of this place have been gone a long time."
Geto: "What do you mean?"
Roubaul: "There all dead son, including me."
Geto: "What? That doesn't make sense."
Roubaul: "Allow me to explain. Me and my people build a dangerous weapon called Nirvana and that thing brought out the darkness in everyone's heart around it and one by one we slaughtered each other."

I looked at him with shock not believing what I heard.

Roubaul: " I know it's a lot to take in but I can tell your special. The world needs Nirvana destroyed. I regret ever making that thing 400 years ago."
Geto: "400 years? That's impossible you would be long dead by now."
Roubaul: "I am."
Geto: "What."
Roubaul: "The people you saw and that I can make now are all an illusion."