Doritos Can Be Romantic (Chapter 11)

The next day, I woke up to the sound of someone yelling something into my room.

I looked outside my window. It was still dark outside; I was tired, a little cranky. I looked at the clock. It read 12:46.

I opened the window screen and stuck my head outside. I looked down; there was Miles.

"Miles?" I said. He waved his hand. "Yeah. Get dressed! I wanna take you somewhere." He said. I rubbed my eyes. I followed his directions; I was excited, honetly. Although he woke me up at midnight on a school night, perhaps, this would be fun.

He whispered loudly I didn't have to get dressed-dressed. He said I should just pack the things I'm going to wear in the morning and just slip on sweatpants and a shirt. I put on my grey yoga pants and slipped on a black shirt. I put in a pink camoflouge bag tan shorts, a blue Aeropostale tee, and my black Converse.

I gently tossed my bag out my window into Miles' hands. I saw him put it next to him. I shut my door, disreguarding my mom. At the moment, I didn't care what she was going to do in the morning. I left a quick note saying, I'm fine, just woke up earlier and went to a friend's. See you after school. -Rory.

I slid out of my window and shut it tightly. I climbed from my roof, and leaped down to the ground. It wasn't that far down, honestly. Miles helped me land safely and we jumped into his beat up car, and began driving.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

He put his arm around me. "You'll see."

We started walking until I got to a place I've never been before. From all my years in Blacksvale I've never seen this place. It was up hill, obviously to a hill top. Then . . . I knew it.

I knew where we were going. It was Homerun Hill. 'Homerun Hill' is where tons of kids in my school would lose their virginities at, or, in other cases, get to bases or perhaps use it as a place to have sex. Why was Miles taking me here?

"Why are we going to Homerun Hill?" I asked him.

"What's 'Homerun Hill'?" he asked.

"Uhm . . ." I hesitated to tell him. What if he used it as an excuse to try something? I liked Miles so much. I really would hate for him to do something stupid or uncomfortable and ruin our relationship we've astablished.

He waited for my answer. "What is it?" he asked once more.

I shrugged. "Nothing. Just a place." I said.

"It's something." He replied, but I didn't say anything back. The rest of the drive up, which was about two minutes, was silent. Not awkward, because the rustling leaves we drove over as we went up the hills made the drive comfortable.

When we got to the top, I had a flashback.

It was of Brian and I. We were in his dad's nice, 1960's convertible. He kept laying down ground rules---don't put your feet up on the surface in front of you, no dirt on your shoes, ect. I think he took his dad's car out without his permission, because he was really picky.

Brian put his arm around me. His hand slowly started moving . . . and moving . . . until he had sneakily put it on my chest. I looked at him.

"Brian!" I giggled, moving it away. He looked at me with puppy dog eyes. "C'mon, baby. We've been dating long enough, haven't we?" he begged.

Gah, I dont know what came over me. The pressure, maybe? The fact he was asking, not doing? Something happened there that made me thing, 'hey, this is a good idea.'

Brian moved towards me. He kissed me, his kiss deepening with every second. Soon he was on top of me, touching me and kissing me like never before. It was so weird for me. Maybe he noticed with my sense of kissing or my body shaking, but he got off.

He gave me a seductive smirk and fiddled with my shirt. It was a plaid button up. Then he started unbuttoning it. I think he saw my face . . . my reaction. The way I looked at him, with a face that said please don't. He stopped and took me home.

The flashback ended.

Miles took his arm off me and opened the door. He waved me out. "C'mon," he said. He took me to the front of his car and sat on it. He took out a bag, which had a package of nacho Doritos and a diet Mountian Dew. I laughed.

"Is this your idea of romantic?" I asked, obviously joking. It was romantic enough. I was please that he brought something, at the least.

He smiled. "Oh, ha-ha. I've never been on a date, honestly. So I don't really know . . . what I'm supposed to be doing." He opened the Mountian Dew and took a sip. He handed it to me, and I took a gulp of it.

"Yummy," I said. He put his arm around me and we looked over the town.

"Wow, it's really pretty." I said.

He looked at me. "Like you." He complimented. I buried my head on my knees. "You're so cocky." I said. He gave me a knudge.

"And you loveeeeeeee me for that." He said.

"It's enjoyable." I replied. He kissed my cheek. I blushed.

"You look so pretty in the moonlight." He told me.

"You have to say that, you're my boyfriend." I said. No one has ever really said that to me.

He nodded, looking up at the moon. The moon was so big tonight. I swear, I could almost just reach out and touch it. It was glowing and white, almost forming a smile with all the canyons on it.

"It's true, Rory. I don't know why you doubt yourself and think your just a girl. You're more then that." He told me. "Forget what Brian told you. You're drop dead gorgeous." He said.

He took the Mountian Dew and empty bag of Doritos off the hood of the car and toss it in the trash can right by a tree to the far left.

Miles came back and sat back next to me, and cuddled close. My fell back on the windshield and looked over the town. Miles' warm body next to me made this all so great. We kissed a bit and did neutral things. We didn't rush into anything.

We stayed there for an hour, talking about how beautiful the night was and Miles told me a bit about his family. He told me mainly about his mom. That kid really, really cares about his mom. He said he'll do anything for her, as she's the only family he has left.

Miles took me to his place. No, we didn't do it but we did sleep in the same bed together. He cuddled up against me in his comfty bed.

Everything felt so right. I wanted it to be like this forever.