Beth (Chapter 12)

- A/N - OMFDSKLHAS SORRY! Sorry I didn't update for a few days, stuff has been going on and I've been trying hard to find a storyline basis on this, and I'm not sure how many chapters I will continue with this, blah blah blah, but I'm not giving up on this story anytime soon so don't worry my fans. There will be a time skip because I'm SOOO excited to introduce the new character. Let us begin, shall we?

3 Months Later . . .

I remember I was standing in the halls, waiting for Miles when I spotted him, almost running towards me. He looked a little worried.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's Wendy---she's gone into labor." He said.

"What?!" I asked. Wendy was sort of my friend. I still can't forgive her for cheating. But she's having a baby, and I should support her for that. She needs all she can get. She informed me her parents were supportive and had treated her like she wasn't even their daughter anymore.

Miles nodded. "Yeah. I told the principal and he told me we could go support Wendy, if we wanted."

I nodded. "Yeah! Let's go!" I said. We rushed to Miles' car, and drove off to Blackvale Hospital.

On the way there, I couldn't stop talking about the situation. I've never actually gone to a hospital when someone was being born. I haven't really held a new born. It's so thrilling.

When we got there, we rushed to the hospital. I lied and said Miles and I were Wendy's cousins, and of course Blackvale is oblivious to checking IDs, so we were permitted in.

"Room 220." She said. We rushed to the room, and I saw Brian standing outside.

"Rory? Miles? What are you doing here?" he asked. He seemed almost like it was weird for us to be here, because this baby was a project of him cheating. Was it weird?

Miles nudged him. "C'mon, Brian. We wouldn't want to miss this." He said. Brian didn't say anything. He just nodded and let us in.

We didn't see anything. Miles said he was 'blood-phobic' so we just sat outside. Two hours later, Brian told us that the baby was born.

"What's their name?"

"Her name is Beth." He said. "Bethany Amelia Lockhart McCormick."

Long name, but pretty. I smiled and hugged Brian. "I'm happy for you." I forced throught myself. Miles stood up. "Happy for ya, man." He said. Miles took my hand and we went inside after Brian said it was okay.

We walked to the nursery where they keep all the new born babies. Blackvale was a small town and there weren't many people there, but there were about five babies sleeping. The name MCCORMICK was written in big letters at the end of a plastic crib where a beautiful baby girl was sleeping.

"Aww," I said. "She's beautiful."

"I know, she looks like a Beth."

Miles put his arm around me. It made me shiver a little. It made me think about having a family. When is "too-young", anyways? Would it be wrong of me to start a family at 17?

I don't know. I don't care, either, because I don't plan on having any children or getting married at the least anytime soon. I'll sit to be having sleepover parties with Erin and eating gallons of ice cream and having romantic, fun and exciting nights with Miles.

That's what I want.

Brian came behind us. "She's gorgeous," he said. I nodded. "She sure is."

Miles sighed. "I hate to ruin the moment, but we gotta go. Fourth period starts soon and the principle was pretty decent with the amount of time we could spend away."

I nodded. "Sure, I guess. Bye Brian." Miles took my hand and we began walking. Brian had a confused look on his face when Miles took my hand. I don't think Brian knows about Miles and me.

When we got to school, Erin asked me how the baby was. I told her the name and how pretty she was. Erin told me I was a good person for being okay with the baby. I guess I am a decent person. Some girls would go crazy. But not me.

I'm just not that kind of girl.

A/N Sorry this chapter is short. I'm in a rush. I promise tomorrow's chapter will be different (lol get it?) and longer. See ya. BTW, if you do read author notes, I'd like to inform you of a new book I MIGHT be doing. It's gonna be kind of the same situation Wendy is in with being a pregnant teenager and then transitioning to being a mother, but her name won't be Wendy and she'll have a different life. <333