Chapter 25: Everything has Changed- Liam

I went to the waiting room after I changed. Can't wait to leave this place. I walked in. Everyone was around Jacob. I ran I. To see what happened.
"What happened?" I asked.
"He's gone" Daniel replied.
Gone as in dead? I think that's what he means. No, this can't be happening. One of my best friends can't be dead! I went closer to him. He was pale, his eyes were closed and his chest didn't move up and down. He was gone.
The fact that someone died bothers me. I hate it when people die! It's not nice but I guess that's how the world is.
"How did this happen?" I ask.
No one answered, then they turned to Maddison.
"What?" she said.
"You did this! Tell us what you did!" Daniel screamed.
"Fine" she said, "all I did was add poison to one of the cups with the antidote. You gave that one to that kid and now he's dead." She smiled. The nurses came in and took Jacob away.

We walked out side where a police car was.
"Officer!" Selena yelled.
The cops came to us and asked us what happened. Diana told them everything. One of the cops went inside the hospital. He came back minutes later and said "Ya he's dead".
The officers grabbed Maddison and put her in the back of the car.
"We'll do an investigation" one of them said.
Then they went into those car and drove off. We never saw Maddison again.

We got back to the school. The principal was standing in front of the door. He looked furious.
"Why haven't you been at school?" he asked.
"Long story" I said.
"Tell me in my office, all of you follow me." he said.
He lead us to the office and then his office. There weren't enough chairs for us all so some of us stood.
"Now tell me what happened"

We told him everything.
"We're not lying sir" I said.
He just sat there, looking like he didn't know what to do.
"This was a bad idea" he said after a long period of silence.
Then he made an announcement.
"Everyone please meet in the gym."
The gym is the only room that can hold everyone.
"Come on children" he said.

We went into the gym, everyone was there.
"Please sit" the principle said.
Everyone sat.
"I have an announcement, some students told me about an incident that has happened. It was really bad. Two people wanted the spot as queen and king and would do anything to get it. Don't worry these two students are in custody. But knowing this, there might be more people like that. Because of what happened,any people got injured and two people died."
Everyone gasped.
"So now we are getting people around the country to vote for who they want to be the rulers. It would be out of all 98 of you. The two who are chosen will
continue with lessons, the rest will be going home. Thank you. We will announce the winners in a week. There will be no school this week either. Good day" he said.
He got off the stage and left the gym. Everyone piled out of the gym too. I can't believe it. Everything has changed. We might not ever see each other again.

Three days later it was Jacobs funeral. It was a sad day. His family showed up, all of them with tears in their eyes.

It was time to bury him. They lowered the casket into the hole that was dug up. We each took turns putting the dirt on top to burry him. This is the last time we'll ever see him again.