Chapter 26: The King and Queen- Daniel

The week went by quick. We all hung out pretty much everyday. The votes were in. It's the day we get to know who our rulers will be.

We walked outside the academy because that's where they'll announce. The media was there, cameras, everything so it can be recorded and put on TV'a for the whole country to see.

At 3:00 pm they started. the principal came up and started to talk.
"Thank you for all those who voted. We have counted them all and now we will announce who will be the new king and queen. Ladies first. Our queen will be... Raquel!"
Everyone applauded. I think Raquel is the best choice. She was getting really good grades and probably wanted it more than anyone.
"Now to announce our king. Our new king is...Juan!"
Again more clapping. I didn't know Juan well but he might be a good leader. Raquel and Juan went up to the stage and hugged. I know they were good friends which is cool because it won't be awkward between them. Maybe a little.
"Thank you to all the students who came and tried their best. Even though you didn't get chosen, this will be an amazing experience and wonderful memories for you to keep. Thank you." he said and walked away.

We saw the king and queen later and said congrats. Them we walked away.
"So I guess we're leaving tomorrow." I said.
"Ya back to my fosters" Diana replied.
"We should stay up all night and hang out" Luke said.

The whole school had a massive party and it was awesome! We did stay up all night. It was epic. The next morning we all packed our bags and met outside the school. I know we'll all see each other again. We exchanged phone numbers so we can keep in touch. I'll miss these guys.