7

The day of the shoot was clear and blue, the perfect conditions for filming. Louise had determined not to let Logan's presence sour the shoot for her. They'd worked so hard over the last few weeks to make this happen, it was just the final hurdle. If she could spend 6 hours a day stuck with him in the restaurant she could make it through 2 hours on set.

She got up extra early to meet up with Andy and prep the equipment. Ollie was already working at his post to earn them their time with their core set piece. The slick vintage cars shimmered blindingly in the blazing summer sun. She could feel the scorching pavement warming her feet through her sneakers. It was going to be a hot day.

It took them a few hours and multiple trips back and forth in Andy's beat up Volkswagen bug to haul everything up to the shoot site - a secluded observation point overlooking the bay just off the highway out of town. When they finally slammed the rickety door of the tiny trunk on the last load, Louise collapsed on the sidewalk. They were both sweaty and tired and the bug's pitiful excuse for air conditioning wasn't improving anyone's mood.
"Could you have possibly bought a clunker with any less trunk space?" She moaned.
"At least I have a car." Andy managed to shoot back between trying to regain his breath from they're 5th trip up the steep stairs of the Belchers walk-up.

She couldn't argue with that. She bummed all her rides from the twins. Pesto's Pizzeria was no Michelin star establishment, but they definitely did significantly better than her family's restaurant. Especially when it came to tips. Pesto's was full service, on a Friday night the twins could rake in a substantial take. Not quite enough for a new car, but still.

Once they were on location, things started to improve. The cool breeze blowing up off the water cooled them down. The other members of their little makeshift film crew trickled in throughout the afternoon. Jocelyn might not be the brightest bulb, but when it came to makeup she had a true gift. Alex and Rudy, their volunteer zombies, looked damn good. Courtney Wheeler's Dad had lent them some really killer sound equipment and the good weather seemed to be holding out. All in all things were looking good. It was exciting - the idea that had lived in their collective imaginations for so long was finally taking form!

Now they just needed their Leads.

Andy showed up right on schedule, bringing Logan with him in the T-bird.
They all crowded around admiringly. Louise had never been much of a car enthusiast, but even she had to admit that there was something uniquely captivating about the sleek angular lines of the vintage two seater. It gave some real authenticity to their Halloween Store costumes.

"Where's Jade?" Andy directed this at Logan, who shrugged.
"She said she'd meet us here." Ollie chimed in.
"If we don't start soon we're gonna lose the light." Andy was in full director mode now. He pointed at Louise. "Start blocking him in!"

Louise lined up the camera and tripod and started to frame the shot. She gestured from Logan to the car. "Can you get in so I can line this up already?" Her temper was already short. Logan opened the front seat and she watched him slide into the frame. He had an ease to his movements, leaning back with one hand on the steering wheel and one resting naturally on the passenger's seat. He was clearly comfortable in front of a camera.

Gazing down through her viewfinder she considered Logan as if for the first time. Peeping through the tiny eye of the lens, she felt safe to really look at him in a way she never would have allowed herself without the camera between them. There was no denying that he was handsome, his blond hair and piercing green eyes gave him that textbook boy band charm. She'd never admit it, but he reminded her a bit of her elementary school heart throb. Although Logan's face was more defined, his jawline and chin had much harder angles than Boo Boo's dimpled cheeks.