3-Fight at Work

Jim tends to offend a lot of the officers in the precinct. 
Today, I had to take over an officer's paperwork on this kid who fell through a restaurant's window. The officer was insulted by Jim and didn't want to cooperate with him.
I worked on getting all the paperwork on the kid finished. That way, I could work with him instead and move things faster.

Oh, how quickly they relent when you offer to do their paperwork.

I let Jim talk to the boy as I finished the paperwork. Once I'm done, I walk back over.  

"You're gonna tell me the truth!" Harvey yells at the kid.

Yeah, they probably didn't believe the boy's statement. He had said he was running from kidnappers who used pins to subdue his friends. He also got stabbed by one of the pins, being disoriented when he fell through the restaurant's window.
Since he was a street kid, the cop who first had the case thought he was on drugs and made up the story.

"It was you, wasn't it? It was you who killed that poor old man. It was you. Now, you're going to tell me the truth, or I swear to God, I will beat it out of you!"

"Detective Bullock," I put my hand on his shoulder and pushed him away from the kid, "I'm going to ask you not to threaten the boy with violence. They are a minor."

"You stay out of this, Lopez."

"I can't do that; I'm in charge of the kid here until this is finished." I look over to the boy. "Do you have anyone who could collaborate on your story?"

"Cat was there. Cat saw the whole thing. You can can ask Cat." He shook his head.

"Who's Cat?" 

"Hey, I'm the one interrogating him. You're not part of this investigation." Harvey pushes me away from the kid.

"Interrogating? You're trying to scare him into a confession." I raise my hands, seething.

I'm used to him being an ass but to a child?! 

"Watch your mouth, Rookie. Go do someone else's paperwork before you get your ass handed to you." He says in his most threatening voice.

"I'm shaking." I'm unable to hold my sarcastic-filled words back.

He lunges at me, but Jim pulls him away before he can hit me.

They have an angry, whispered conversation between themselves. It ends with them pushing each other and Harvey stepping on someone's shoes.
The man says something to Harvey, and in anger, he kicks him in the shin. Then walks away, glaring at me and Jim.

"Lopez, in my office!" Captain Essen calls out from the balcony.

I let out a sigh. I gave Jim a half-hearted smile before going to her office.

"Captain." I greet her as I enter her office.

"What the hell was all that about, Lopez?"

"Detective Bullock was threatening a minor, Captain. I couldn't let him. We disagreed."

"It sounded more like a brawl. I could hear it from my office. I thought you knew better than to be instigating fights."

"He was threatening a boy! And he's the one that lunged at me. Ask Jim." I raise my hands.

"It's not your case, you can't be making-"

"You want me to let me hound on a poor boy who has no one to stand up for him?! All because this is Gotham, and things are done shadily?!" I shake my head.

"That's enough, Alec." She puts her foot down.

I look down, "I'm sorry. I understand this is Gotham. But shouldn't we try a less aggressive approach before jumping to uglier methods?"