Chapter 1

Oval Publication, Chandigarh

"It's not that I have never tried, but this is the first time that I have succeeded in my efforts." A girl said while picking up some of her stuff from the table.

The girl was wearing a white shirt and brown formal pants and had made a high pony tail of her hair which was reaching her waist.

The girl was carefully picking up each thing and placing it in a box when her attention fell on a name plate lying in front of her on which her name was written.

The girl picked up the name plate in her hands and then moved her hand over the name written on it and said, "Kirat Kaur Aujla, Senior Editor".

A lovely smile appeared on her face. Kirat was still looking at that name plate. Suddenly a familiar voice reached her ears from behind.

"So, you're finally leaving"??

Hearing this, Kirat immediately looked back and saw a girl standing there wearing a black Punjabi suit. That girl is Rupali Arora, Kirat's best friend, her chaddy buddy.

Kirat was very surprised to see Rupali, why has she come so prepared??

Kirat was looking at her with big eyes then Rupali said with a teasing smile, "What's the matter, why are you looking at me like that"??

Ohhh

Kirat said with a sigh, "Dil te na le mainu kudiyan ch koi interest hni".

“Don't take it to heart, I'm not interested in girls.”

Rupali took a deep breath in irritation and said, "Kirat you always" ,to which Kirat laughed a little.

"So you are interested in boys"?? Rupali asked smiling.

Kirat shook her head and said, "Not in boys, only in one boy".

"But is he interested in you"??Rupali asked.

Hearing this from Rupali, the smile on Kirat's face faded a bit and she said in a sad voice, "I don't know".

Then she paused for a while and said, "By the way Roopa, where are you going so dressed up"??

Rupali said irritably, "On a blind date"?? To which Kirat immediately said with surprise, "Again"??

"Don’t you know my mother, she will never find peace until she finds her a son-in-law", Rupali said in little frustration.

Kirat smiled and said, "Okay who is he"??

"I don't know, Is there any Nishant Vohra", Rupali said irritably.

At this, Kirat nodded without saying anything and then handed an envelope towards Rupali and said, "Give this to the boss."

Then she paused for a while and said "Have a good time with your date".

"Shut up", Rupali said staring at Kirat.

Rupali took the envelope from Kirat's hand and then Kirat took her box from the table and went away from there.

As soon as Kirat went out of the office, she stopped and then turned back and started looking at the entire building carefully.

And said with a soft smile "This company has given me a lot. I joined here as a intern three years ago and it is because of such a supportive team and staff that I have been able to reach here. Where I can proudly call myself an editor".

Thank you

Saying this, Kirat kept her box in the car and then left from there.
After some time, Kirat reached her home and as soon as she reached the gate, she said with a big smile, "Mumma"??