02. Shitty Jobs For The Foreseeable Future

HAPPINESS EUNIQUE HOWARD moans as she lays in bed, her fingers toying with her naked sex as she relives her weird erotic encounter with Chance. She can’t remember the last time she did something as freaky as that, probably because she’s never done something as freaky as that. She’s had sex before, enjoyed it even, but it’s nothing as raunchy as getting fingered in a creepy alley. She should feel dirty but all she feels is the wetness pooling between her legs.

But for some reason, she’s unable to cum. She’s close but something’s holding her back. Chance’s face flash through her brain and she groans, wishing now that she’d invite him back to her place instead of running off to avoid the inevitable small talk that comes after such an act.

She sits up with a groan, frustrated beyond compare. If she doesn’t cum tonight, there’s no sleep for her and if she doesn’t sleep, she’s gonna be a total bitch at work and if she’s a total bitch at work, well, no one really cares. But still, she’s got to cum.

She looks through her drawer for her vibrator, catching sight of the card Chance had thrust into her hand just before she ran off. She scoffs softly, wondering what kind of psycho hands out business cards to people he plans to fuck. The kind that fingers fat girls in dark alleys, apparently.

She contemplates calling him, deciding against it at the last minute. It’s one thing to let him finger her to completion but it’s another thing to call him up for sex. She’ll just have to get her rocks off the old-fashioned way — through a fucking vibrator.

She tries turning on the vibrator but it’s dead. Annoyed, she throws it across the room, wincing when she hears something break. Definitely no orgasm for her tonight. Chance’s face flashes once more in her head and she groans, resisting the urge to call him. She’s a grown woman, for crying out loud, she can do without sex for one night!

At least, she hopes she can.

-------------
“How was your gig?” Ayo asks as they make themself breakfast the next morning. They’re Nessie’s roommate, a Poli Sci major and an aspiring model with the looks to match.

Nessie shrugs, buttering her toast with a little more force than necessary. “It went great!” she says in an opposite tone.

Ayo snorts. “Don’t look like it,” they say, staring pointedly at her butchered toast.

She sighs, dropping the toast. “It did went great, until the fucking lead got me fired.”

“For what? Being awesome?”

“No, for literally saving her ass after she made a rookie mistake.”

“Then why would she —?”

“Entitled babies don’t like people who take attention away from them, not even for a second. But it’s fine, I knew getting onto Broadway won’t be easy. This is just a snag in the road, a snag I’m gonna shrug off like the bad bitch I am.”

Ayo nods, proud. “There’s the spirit.”

Nessie smiles. “Yeah, it also helps that I nearly fucked her boyfriend last night.”

That stops Ayo cold and they turn to Nessie with a quizzical look on their face. “You what?”

“I nearly fucked her boyfriend...?”

Ayo gapes, taken aback. “Bitch! Why didn’t you lead with that? Give me all the deets!”

Nessie laughs, trying to stave of her friend as they accost her for more information. “Nuh-uh, a bitch never kiss and tell but I’ll say this, he’s got magic fingers.”

Ayo squeals, obviously into this. “Girl, I would kill to be fingered by someone else’s significant other.”

“Haven’t you already done that?”