17 ~ Brothel and Dagger

15K Votes ❤️

Suman POV

"Go back, please," His words made me feel tight in my chest and I took my steps back, walking away from him.

But, he looked worried. Not just worried but bothered and unwell.

What was wrong with him?

And, why was he wearing black clothes and Kohl in his eyes.

Did he go somewhere? And, why was he hot? It seemed like he had a fever.

It was early morning and I woke up early because of the running thoughts in my mind. And, the moment I saw him almost running to his chamber I felt that something was wrong.

After, following to him chamber, I figured out that something was absolutely wrong.

Since, then I was in the kitchen helping maids in preparing ladoos and he still had not called for breakfast. It was late morning now.

I did not know but I was feeling worried because he gave me that black thread the other day and the Black thread was missing from his hand.

I tried to focus on watching the maids making ladoos but my mind had stuck on him. I just wanted to know if he was fine. I knew, he would not tell at me until something was wrong. I mean, he had been hard on me later but he cared for me. It was not like he hates me or did not want to see me.

I mean, if he hated me, why would he meet me before leaving the Kingdom. Not, just leaving but handing me his dagger.

Yes, I should return his dagger. He asked me to keep it safe.

I immediately stood up from there and went back to my room to take his dagger back to his chamber.

It looked empty as I walked in. The silence followed as I tried to call.

"Kunwarsa,"

Not even attendees were and I looked at the draw. Curtains of his bedroom. I felt a knot in my stomach. I had not seen in Nandani's chamber or with Ranaji since morning.

"Kunwar Agastya,"

I called again but he did not reply back. I just wanted to know if he was fine. Because, he did not look fine yesternight.

I could not help but part the curtains and peek in. It looked darker as all the curtains were drawn not letting the sunlight fall into it.

Now, I felt even more worried.

Gulping nervously, I walked inside and looked at his bed. It was covered with curtains too.

"Kunwarsa," I called in a slow voice not wanting anyone to notice that I was in his chamber when I should not be.

He did not answer making me walk closer to him. It was turning into the afternoon and he usually did not sleep this late.

I parted the curtains and looked at him laying half naked covered up to his waist with comforter, on his chest, and face down in the mattress, sleeping.

I blinked silently biting on my lower lip. Walking to the side of the bed, I looked at his closed eyes and calm breathing. His hair was falling on his forehead and his lips looked redder.

"Kunwarsa,"

I called again but he did not move an inch. Leaning forward I tried to touch his forehead for the temperature. But, suddenly he opened his eyes and I was taken back.

Inhaling deeply, he looked at me and his gaze softened from shock.

"Are you okay?" I asked and he nodded lightly.