Bonus Chapter 2

Suman POV

I left the chamber in the morning after hearing the news of his arrival. A man whose presence in the Kingdom always stirred a mix of emotions within me, I indulged in my daily chores of overseeing the smooth functioning of the Kingdom's internal affairs.

I ordered today's menu and specially excluded everything of his liking.

"But, Baisa, what will Kunwarsa eat?" One of the attendees asked, and I stared at her.

"Nothing or whatever is cooked," I said, and she stared back at me for a moment before lowering her gaze and nodding.

It had been more than a year since our wedding, but the other attendees of the Kingdom still could not digest that I was Kunwarsa's wife now. Many theories were born during our marriage.

Like, I was pregnant with his illegitimate child; that's why we married, and it was just a ritual, and he would take another wife.

The other one was that I seduced him, which I kind of a little bit, not intentionally though, but he was husband already, though half when I did.

And the wildest one was that he had a kink for maids, and I was just his prey. Ewwww.

I knew my man had a bad reputation, a little bit, but there were things I knew he had never done and would never do. I had faith in him.

No, I should not be thinking of his qualities now. He must be punished for leaving without informing me. I mean, I knew it would be important if he had gone out without telling me, but still, I was his wife, and it was not like I died, so I could not hear.

I inhaled deeply to calm myself.

"Baisa," Suddenly, an attendee's voice caught my attention and I turned to look at her.

"Kunwarsa is asking for you," she said, and I nodded. Then she went away, and I did nothing about it.

If he was asking for me, he should have told me about his visit outside in the first place.

I deliberately kept myself busy in the kitchen until late afternoon and chose to have lunch in privacy, too.

"Suman," I heard his voice when he was walking in the chamber, and I almost choked on a bite. He looked good—like always. But whenever he settled with a dark color, like black, it gave me butterflies.

"I was searching for you in the whole Kingdom," he said, marching forward. I lowered my gaze and focused on my lunch.

He sat beside me on the couch, widened his legs a little to be at ease, and wrapped his arm around me.

"Hey, I am talking to you," he said and looked at me. I grabbed the mango pickle and squeezed it between my teeth to let its juicy flavours melt on my tongue.

Watching me, he sucked on his lips and looked away for a moment.

"So, we are playing anger today," he muttered, and I immediately shot him an angry glare.

"I am sorry," I spat.

"You were busy with Bhabhisa, and I did not think of disturbing you," he said, and I sucked on my lips to suck on the remaining flavour and looked at him.

"Was I dead?" I immediately questioned, and he stared blankly at me.

"What?" he questioned.

"Yes, was I dead that you could not even call me and tell me in person that you were going? This is how we play marriage. You leave without telling me," I raised my voice a little, and he chuckled.